• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loobster
    FTDNA Customer
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by endicott65 View Post
    Given the dearth of posts here, it looks like this forum is lightly attended. I've seen a great deal of comment that the "new" Ancestry autosomal test (V2) is much inferior to the previous test and to FTDNA. I have uploaded two prior individuals to FTDNA with no problem. However, the latest attempt indicates that the raw data file is "corrupt." The same zip file uploaded just fine on GEDMatch.

Thinking it might be a version difference, I opened the zip file which states: "Data was collected using AncestryDNA array version: V1.0, Data is formatted using AncestryDNA converter version: V1.0"

Either the comment about V1 is incorrect or FTDNA's upload utility has issues.

There are about 669,000 SNPS from rs369202065, position 569388 on Chr. 1 through rs199474699, position 15990 on Chr 26 (?) in the latest Ancestry file. This does not seem like significantly fewer SNPs than the other tests, although possibly fewer overlaps.

Does "anyone" know why the most recent Ancestry autosomal file does not transfer, despite claiming to be V1?

Thanks! JW
    You might check out the comments here: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...191#post440191

Comment

• B198251
      FTDNA Customer
      • Jun 2017

Does anybody know when autosomal transfer from MyHeritage to FTDNA will work?

Comment

• EMC
        FTDNA Customer
        • Mar 2017

Hi,
        I received an answer from them a week ago, but it only says "in the future".
        Which is weird because I did transfer another kit back in March.

Originally posted by B198251 View Post
        Does anybody know when autosomal transfer from MyHeritage to FTDNA will work?

Comment

Working...
        X