Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Grumbles & Gripes

Grumbles & Gripes This is a place for free and open grumbling, griping, and venting about anything and everything about DNA, companies, and genealogy that irks you. You may even come here to complain about the Forums and how they are run.

Old 11th May 2015, 06:00 PM
FTDNA Customer

What is current lag time for new project applications?

I submitted one a month ago and have not heard back yet. This isn't a gripe yet since the last one took 3 or so months until I finally had to track it down to get it set up. But I just recently emailed the "new and improved" customer service about it - no reply yet, not even an acknowledgement - but its still quite recent for this request. So if i dont' get a reply from customer service within another 3 days, then this will turn into a gripe.

And I do wish they would change their website to accurately reflect when to expect to hear back from new project applications. Why is that so hard or unreasonable to ask for?
Old 11th May 2015, 07:10 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
I submitted one a month ago and have not heard back yet. This isn't a gripe yet since the last one took 3 or so months until I finally had to track it down to get it set up. But I just recently emailed the "new and improved" customer service about it - no reply yet, not even an acknowledgement - but its still quite recent for this request. So if i dont' get a reply from customer service within another 3 days, then this will turn into a gripe.

And I do wish they would change their website to accurately reflect when to expect to hear back from new project applications. Why is that so hard or unreasonable to ask for?
Best process is to call the customer service number when they first open for business in the morning and use the option code for group administrators.
Old 13th May 2015, 10:07 AM
FTDNA Customer

I have tried phoning, but all I get is a busy signal. And by email, still no acknowlegement that I even opened a ticket. No PM reply from a staff member I tried contacting.

If the application for new projects said current lag time is 3 months, then I would be able to plan accordingly. As I mentioned, i tried applying one month ago. Now is pretty much the only time I have for setting up the project. I thought the last slow one was a fluke from what I was led to believe and thought I planned enough time for the project to be ready for this window of time i have to set it up.

Sigh.