Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Grumbles & Gripes

Grumbles & Gripes This is a place for free and open grumbling, griping, and venting about anything and everything about DNA, companies, and genealogy that irks you. You may even come here to complain about the Forums and how they are run.

Old 2nd December 2017, 08:48 AM
FTDNA Customer

Coupon already redeemed?

Received email today with link to coupon which it said was due to expire tomorrow.
When I clicked on the link, it said that the coupon had already been redeemed or expired. It hadn't expired per the email so I can only assume that someone else had redeemed it.
Strange?
Old 2nd December 2017, 07:23 PM
FTDNA Customer

Maybe others have access to your kit? Anyways, you can always find other coupons here: http://tiny.cc/ftdna
Old 2nd December 2017, 10:47 PM
mtDNA: K1a3 | Y-DNA: R-L1308*

Another possibility is that someone had a code similar to yours, and mistyped it just enough to be yours. Unlikely, I know, but there's a chance.
Old 3rd December 2017, 02:03 PM
FTDNA Customer

No one else has access to my details so I'm puzzled by it.
Perhaps some body did type an incorrect code which just happened to be mine but what are the odds of that happening.

The coupon email is from a 'no reply' email address so there doesn't seem to be a way of checking out with familydna as to what happened.
Old 3rd December 2017, 04:53 PM
FTDNA Customer

Your coupon code also appears in your kit as "Holiday Reward". Does anyone else have access to your account?
Old 3rd December 2017, 06:13 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy View Post
Received email today with link to coupon which it said was due to expire tomorrow.
When I clicked on the link, it said that the coupon had already been redeemed or expired. It hadn't expired per the email so I can only assume that someone else had redeemed it.
Strange?
Maybe there was a glitch in the link attached to the email. Have you tried logging into your account and clicking the Holiday Reward from there?
Old 4th December 2017, 05:12 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travers View Post
Maybe there was a glitch in the link attached to the email. Have you tried logging into your account and clicking the Holiday Reward from there?
An incorrect link on the email would explain it. Unfortunately, I didn't check the Holiday Reward from the home page so I can't be certain.

I have today received a new email and this time the link to the coupon works.