Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Paternal Lineages (Y-DNA) > Y-DNA Haplogroups & SNPs Basics

Y-DNA Haplogroups & SNPs Basics This forum is for those new to personal ancestry testing on the direct paternal line with Y-DNA SNP tests. All may view this forum, but you must register and sign in to post.

Old 17th April 2017, 05:30 PM
FTDNA Customer

Confirmed haplogroup but pending Y-HAP-Backbone

Hi - in March I was confirmed as H-M69 following a Y-HAP-Backbone test. But my order history and lab results pages both show that the results of a Y-HAP-Backbone test (from the same batch as the first one) are still pending, expected 8-22 May. Does this mean the test is being run again or is this perhaps just a clerical error (with no results actually pending)?

Also, my Haplotree & SNPs page shows SNPs downstream of M69 available for testing - which makes sense - but it also shows that Q-CTS748 and G-F3547 are available. Is it usual for SNPs associated with and listed under one haplogroup to be available to someone confirmed in another?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
Old 17th April 2017, 08:13 PM
FTDNA Customer

My project has 15 backbone tests pending, some of them more than 2 years old. All of them already have a haplogroup prediction, so I haven't complained about the matter.
Old 18th April 2017, 01:55 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
My project has 15 backbone tests pending, some of them more than 2 years old. All of them already have a haplogroup prediction, so I haven't complained about the matter.
That's quite some time to be waiting! What I thought was odd in my case was the fact that my haplogroup has already been confirmed (rather than predicted). And as it has been confirmed, why do I still have pending backbone test results? As far as I'm aware, the test doesn't include any SNPs downstream of M69 so I'm keen to know what is being tested.
Old 18th April 2017, 06:29 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by austimatt View Post
Is it usual for SNPs associated with and listed under one haplogroup to be available to someone confirmed in another?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
Most people, other than those with Big-Y results will see SNPs listed as available.

I have one person in my project with a pending Y-HAP-Backbone test. Ordered date of 8/8/16, results pending. I'll send FTDNA a message to find out what is going on.

I'll reply here if I can remember to do so.
Old 18th April 2017, 11:56 AM
FTDNA Customer

FTDNA's Reply

"Thanks for your email, and I apologize for the confusion- that backbone test is not pending as it was completed in order to confirm the J-M267 haplogroup. I have corrected the glitch that caused the backbone to appear as pending, and the account should reflect this change within an hour."

The backbone now shows completed today.

I suggest you contact FTDNA about your case or you private message me with your kit number and I ask them to check on yours.
Old 18th April 2017, 12:00 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
LGMAYKA -

I suggest you send FTDNA a message using their Group Support email address giving them the kit numbers. If you don't have the email address Private Message me and I sent it to you.