• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ech124
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jul 2011

Triangulation

For those who have DNA results at MyHeritage, they have a new function under their DNA tab called DNA Chromosome Browser. It allows a one-to-many compare of up to 7 people. The big innovation is that if ALL the compared people (and you do not have to enter all 7) triangulate, then the browser will circle the matching segment(s). It looks like a very useful innovation and it would be nice if FTDNA would copy that idea for their own Browser.
  • Biblioteque
    FTDNA Customer - mtDNA - U3a1b
    • Feb 2013

FTDNA does not charge us a penny for the services they provide after testing. It is free to us.

Please tell us what MyHeritage charges for their services/subscription after testing, just for a comparison.

Just curious......
    Last edited by Biblioteque; 3 March 2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• ech124
      FTDNA Customer
      • Jul 2011

You can go to the website and look at the pricing. My understanding is they use the same lab as FTDNA.

What you may not realize is that once you test at FTDNA, you can transfer your results to MyHeritage for free. So the cost to access these tools is currently zero.

Comment

• loobster
        FTDNA Customer
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by ech124 View Post
        For those who have DNA results at MyHeritage, they have a new function under their DNA tab called DNA Chromosome Browser. It allows a one-to-many compare of up to 7 people. The big innovation is that if ALL the compared people (and you do not have to enter all 7) triangulate, then the browser will circle the matching segment(s). It looks like a very useful innovation and it would be nice if FTDNA would copy that idea for their own Browser.
        Wow! They added a Chromosome Browser just a short while ago - BUT that was only for the two folks you were comparing.
        Thanks much for alerting us to this!!

And yes - uploading the DNA and seeing the results, including matches, info on matches, contacting matches is all available Free.
        If you want to create a Tree with more than 250 profiles, that is pay. If you want to search their Data Base, that is a pay.
        But DNA is free for those Transferring (ie uploading their raw data from elsewhere).

Believe I saw, in past that for those who buy the test from them - they have to have a subscription to contact folks, and possibly for other aspects.
        Thought it was really weird if you paid, you had to pay again, but if you transferred/uploaded your raw DNA data - then you got more for free. Hope others will correct me if I am wrong.
        Last edited by loobster; 3 March 2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X