Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Group Administrators Forums > Group Administrators - Advanced Chat

Group Administrators - Advanced Chat Discussion forum for Project Group Administrators. Exchange experiences, ideas and interpretation of results.

Old 3rd June 2018, 06:03 AM
R-BY39877

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHolt-Galvin View Post
FTDNA does not seem to want to help the Admins out at all.
I hate the results of the changes FTDNA made, but they did not have a voice in GDPR.
Old 3rd June 2018, 10:46 PM
FTDNA Customer

I have a new member with Group Only access.
I managed to run a Genetic Distance report for him, and he has no matches. Fine.
I have been trying to run a GD report on another member and just get "Houston we have a problem".
I cant get a report for anyone. Blah....
Old 4th June 2018, 11:29 AM
FTDNA Customer

Ugh

I am having the same problem. Timing out when trying to use GD tool.
Old 4th June 2018, 11:31 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivergirl View Post
I have a new member with Group Only access.
I managed to run a Genetic Distance report for him, and he has no matches. Fine.
I have been trying to run a GD report on another member and just get "Houston we have a problem".
I cant get a report for anyone. Blah....
Yeah, I just tried it again and it worked for some gd reports but not others. Frankly, even if it works, it is much more of a pain to use than my app because (i) it runs slower, (ii) it only shows you gd for kits that have a gd within a certain range, and (iii) to find the genetic distance between a kit that tested at, say, 111 markers and all the other kits in the project, you have to run the gd tool separately for 12, 25, 37 and 111 markers and then ignore the results for the lower level comparisons for kits that tested at a higher level (eg, if in doing your check of gds for a 111 marker kit, you had a kit that tested at 67 markers, you should ignore the gd results for that kit on 12, 25 and 37 maker reports. Just run my app and click on the kit number and you will get all the gd info you need. And it is actually working ;-) www.ydnagroupingapp.com

Last edited by TwiddlingThumbs; 4th June 2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 4th June 2018, 11:59 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travers View Post
Y-DNA administrator not being able to see Y-DNA matches is silly.
More than silly, it's close to making the whole exercise pointless.

With everything that's going on at the moment I'm close to following the lead of others and throwing the towel in.
Old 4th June 2018, 02:16 PM
FTDNA Customer

I also am thinking about dropping all the projects that I am now sole administrator for except my own surname project.