Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Features Requests & Bug Reports Area

Features Requests & Bug Reports Area This forum is for customers to talk about features they would like to see. It may also be used to report potential website issues and account bugs, though you may get faster service by sending those through the Open a Request feature found in the Customer Service link at the top of the forum page.

Old 6th August 2017, 10:42 PM
FTDNA Customer

time for familyfinder results??

I've send the it back to familythreedna before 10 days
Old 7th August 2017, 04:23 PM
mtDNA: K1a3 | Y-DNA: R-L1308*

Have you checked to see if FTDNA has received the package? If you are in the U.S., you can track the package using the bar code. If not, I think you have to wait until it shows as "received" or "batched."

To see if your kit has been received and perhaps batched, log in and click on the orange link for "Complete Order History," in the left column for "Your Account." You should see three things under the "Order Status" column:
  • Ordered (this is the date you placed your order)
  • Sent (this is the date that FTDNA mailed a kit to you)
  • Received by lab (this is when FTDNA received your returned kit)
You may also see
  • Ordered (same as above)
  • Batched (date the sample was given a batch number, and started the test process)
  • Completed (once the test is completed, you will have a date here; otherwise, it will say "Pending")
There is also a link above your order on this page; "Check the status of pending tests." Click on that to see if your kit has a batch number, and it should also show an expected date for completion.

Note: the U.S. Post Office that handles FTDNA's mail has been reported many times to be slow. They wait until a mail bag is full, then deliver it to FTDNA. Sometimes there is a delay in delivery. Do you have any idea how long it usually takes for mail to arrive in Texas from where you mailed your kit?
Old 7th August 2017, 11:10 PM
FTDNA Customer

it was send from Israel. but I am not what you think I am.
the package was on a flight to united states in 30.7

RR795183172IL

Last edited by niv; 7th August 2017 at 11:20 PM.
Old 8th August 2017, 01:57 PM

You can still check the progress by logging in, as I described above. If the kit does not show as received after another couple of weeks, you could contact FTDNA to check on it, using the Customer Support link at the top of this page. There is a form you can submit, and also phone numbers if you wish to call instead.

Since it's only been one week now, it's too early to worry about it, in my experience.
Good luck!
Old 11th August 2017, 04:47 PM
FTDNA Customer

Yes the kit shows receive now when results can arrive?
Old 11th August 2017, 07:54 PM

On what date was the kit received? It will need to be batched (receive a batch number) before it starts the testing process. FTDNA batches kits at least once a week, usually on Wednesdays the last that I heard. If your kit was received after the week's batching, it will be batched the next time.

You may want to watch this video, "The Ideal Life of a Family Tree DNA Kit," described as "A behind-the-scenes look at the "ideal life" of a Family Tree DNA kit, from the time a new kit is ordered until the customer receives results."

In the thread "Question about batches," the post #8 breaks down the content of the video, showing the times when several topics are covered in the video. You can advance the video so you start at about 14:30, to see the process from the point the kit goes from the U.S. Post Office to FTDNA, and then the testing process at FTDNA afterward.
Old 12th August 2017, 07:29 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATM View Post
FTDNA batches kits at least once a week, usually on Wednesdays the last that I heard.
They have been batching on Monday and Wednesday since last November.
Old 12th August 2017, 07:52 AM

Thanks, I thought that might be the case, but wondered if the extra batch day was just for the increased volume from the holiday sales. Good to know it's still in effect.
Old 12th August 2017, 03:23 PM
FTDNA Customer

Received by Lab in date 10.8.2017
Old 12th August 2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv View Post
Received by Lab in date 10.8.2017
That's good; now you need to wait until it is assigned a batch number. Wait to check it again until late Monday or on Tuesday, to see if it gets a batch number on Monday. If not, check late Wednesday or on Thursday to see if it gets batched on Wednesday.

Once it gets a batch number, it should take anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks until you see results posted (based on my personal experience of 11 Family Finder kits over the last 4 years), depending on the volume of kits being processed in the lab. The average processing time for the kits I managed was about 3.5 weeks.