Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Maternal Lineages (mtDNA) > mtDNA - Genealogy Basics

mtDNA - Genealogy Basics All may view this forum, but you must register and sign in to post.

Old 23rd February 2015, 07:50 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairielad View Post

Currently 10 listed at FTDNA ranging from Norway, Sweden, Germany, England and the US.

16, if I look at my Aunts HVR1 match list.
Old 8th August 2017, 12:22 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairielad View Post
My paternal Grandmothers mtDNA (T2b-T152C! ) seems to be a rare/undeterminded haplogroup.
Which incidentally ends in her childrens lines as everyone that could pass it on had sons.
Even my Grandmothers sister only had sons.

My Aunt has no coding region matches either (2 years 3 months and counting), with only one HVR2 match.
This match tested to FMS and is the same Haplogroup but has four differences at the coding region level, thus not shown as a match. Maternal line listed as USA.

My Grandmother was born in Romania near the Ukraine border, so I assume her mtdna group is currently under tested in Databases. Currently 10 listed at FTDNA ranging from Norway, Sweden, Germany, England and the US.

I just patiently wait and hope that at some point a match will show up, giving me a lead on my Grandmothers maternal line.....
I've attempted to send you a private message but it isn't showing in my sent folder so I'm not sure it went through.. Anyhow..

My maternal haplogroup is T2b T152C! My mother's mother was born in Manitoba (And with a location of Canada and a name like prairielad I'm betting your people are from Manitoba also) as her parents immigrated there from what was Romania (according to their baptismal certs) but is today the Ukraine. My mother did ask her grandparents about this and they told her the borders were changing constantly; these people also spoke a variety of languages including German, Polish, Romanian, although Polish was their common tongue. My most distant maternal ancestor had the surname "Tabak" which is likely Ashkenazi Jewish in origin. I think we are dealing with the same ancestral line, so I hope you will get back to me and I would be happy to share what I have so far with you (although this is most of it). I am considering full mtDNA sequencing but it looks like you have tried that with this line and to no avail?

Last edited by stibo; 8th August 2017 at 12:27 AM.
Old 8th August 2017, 10:13 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stibo View Post
I've attempted to send you a private message but it isn't showing in my sent folder so I'm not sure it went through.. Anyhow..

My maternal haplogroup is T2b T152C! My mother's mother was born in Manitoba (And with a location of Canada and a name like prairielad I'm betting your people are from Manitoba also) as her parents immigrated there from what was Romania (according to their baptismal certs) but is today the Ukraine. My mother did ask her grandparents about this and they told her the borders were changing constantly; these people also spoke a variety of languages including German, Polish, Romanian, although Polish was their common tongue. My most distant maternal ancestor had the surname "Tabak" which is likely Ashkenazi Jewish in origin. I think we are dealing with the same ancestral line, so I hope you will get back to me and I would be happy to share what I have so far with you (although this is most of it). I am considering full mtDNA sequencing but it looks like you have tried that with this line and to no avail?
PM received, I will PM you shortly