Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Universal Lineage Testing (Autosomal DNA) > myOrigins Basics

Old 10th January 2017, 09:33 PM
FTDNA Customer

Need help with results (from Pakistan)

My results came in with (percentages): South Asian, Northern India 43; Central Asian(mainly Afghanistan) 41; European (British Isles) 10; Middle Eastern, Israel and Jordan 6.

I am 100 percent sure that my recent ancestors had zero interaction with Europeans in recent history or with the middle east. So, any idea what time frame I am looking at?

PS I know that the Aryans entered northern India around 3000 BC and mummy's found in the Taklamakan desert had blonde hair, which is unusual for that part of the world; so I am guessing there were large scale migrations, which might explain my European DNA.
Old 11th January 2017, 10:44 AM
FTDNA Customer

[QUOTE=salams;434004]My results came in with (percentages): South Asian, Northern India 43; Central Asian(mainly Afghanistan) 41; European (British Isles) 10; Middle Eastern, Israel and Jordan 6.

I am 100 percent sure that my recent ancestors had zero interaction with Europeans in recent history or with the middle east. So, any idea what time frame I am looking at?

PS I know that the Aryans entered northern India around 3000 BC and mummy's found in the Taklamakan desert had blonde hair, which is unusual for that part of the world; so I am guessing there were large scale migrations, which might explain my European DNA.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the 10% British Isles result is due to myOrigins picking up very distant ancestry from a Yamnaya like ancestry that is found in substantial amounts in the Isles.