Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Universal Lineage Testing (Autosomal DNA) > Family Finder Advanced Topics

Family Finder Advanced Topics Advanced discussion about Family Tree DNA's Family Finder Product.

Old 2nd September 2013, 11:11 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh w. View Post
A very complex picture. As has been noted, Southern Italians have a Near Eastern component. In turn there has been a two way street migration between the Caucasus (West Asia?) and the Middle East (This is symbolically reflected in Genesis which begins not in Israel but in the northern Middle East and the Caucasus). As you are aware, there was some Turkish presence in the southern Slavic and Albanian areas. Georgian Jews (as distinct from Ashkenazis living in Georgia) appear to have Persian connections.
The last post prompted me to review the Dodecad regional distributions in Israel. There was no region that reached its peak in Israel or the Levant. The (European) Mediterranean component was high in Israel and western Turkey but not elsewhere in the Near East. The (Turkish-Caucasian) West Asian component also appeared at significant levels in Israel. The same was true for the Caucasian component. The southwest Asian component was also present but it appears to reflect Arabia and North Africa more than it does the Levant.
Old 8th May 2018, 04:29 PM
FTDNA Customer

I have four thousand Jewish matches. Of those,my grandaughter has most of mine and some Jewish ones I donít have. Very few of her paternal non Jewish side.