Why is it taking FOREVER to delete my gedcom file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eeka24
    FTDNA Customer
    • Feb 2017

Why is it taking FOREVER to delete my gedcom file?

I posted a gedcom file to my husband's account. He recently got his FF and y67 results in.
    Unfortunately, it is a horrible file because I exported it out of my desktop program with a filter on all the "living" profiles to just say "living". Of course, I wasn't even able to determine which guy was my husband..... and I needed to delete the file. So, I did use the "delete" option....and so far....it's been "processing" (the deletion) for FOUR HOURS. (It might have taken 10 minutes to upload). Is this NORMAL???? How long should I expect it to take? I kind of hoped to be able to upload a replacement....but this is ridiculous. Help....
  • travers
    FTDNA Customer
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by eeka24 View Post
    I posted a gedcom file to my husband's account. He recently got his FF and y67 results in.
    Unfortunately, it is a horrible file because I exported it out of my desktop program with a filter on all the "living" profiles to just say "living". Of course, I wasn't even able to determine which guy was my husband..... and I needed to delete the file. So, I did use the "delete" option....and so far....it's been "processing" (the deletion) for FOUR HOURS. (It might have taken 10 minutes to upload). Is this NORMAL???? How long should I expect it to take? I kind of hoped to be able to upload a replacement....but this is ridiculous. Help....
    It shouldn't take that long. Can't you just upload the new file? It should overwrite the old one, no need to delete anything.

Comment

• eeka24
      FTDNA Customer
      • Feb 2017

OK, I took your suggestion and tried to do that....and it's doing the same thing. Taking forever to process. How do I get that bloated useless file gone?

Comment

• eeka24
        FTDNA Customer
        • Feb 2017

I had to spend a lot of time (finallY) just deleting every branch and/or person off my tree. FTDNA couldn't not delete the whole file without timing out. SUPER LAME!!!!!!! So not happy with how long it takes to get what should be easy stuff done on this website. Grrrrr. Crappy saturday. Thanks FTDNA.

Comment

Working...
        X