Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > General Interest > DNA and Genealogy for Beginners

DNA and Genealogy for Beginners Everything you wanted to know about DNA and Genealogy but didn't know where to ask. This board is open to customers and visitors.

Old 12th January 2009, 08:18 PM

Ive tryed every combo...

I can not get back into dna-forums.org and both my husband and I are registered. I keep asking for someone to contact me and so far no one has, its been a while..... Is anyone even listening...just tryed a minute ago and nothing...i never get an email for my password...whats up?

Maria
Old 12th January 2009, 08:34 PM

Got in...

Just went ahead and registered under a new name and email account, got right in...

Maria
Old 12th January 2009, 09:11 PM
FTDNA Customer

dnaforums? messy webmastery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria_W View Post
I can not get back into dna-forums.org and both my husband and I are registered. I keep asking for someone to contact me and so far no one has, its been a while..... Is anyone even listening...just tryed a minute ago and nothing...i never get an email for my password...whats up?

Maria
I just had the same problem tho I have been registered for several years. They are "upgrading" the website. (They have always had rather military-grade dense security! Finally got through.
Old 13th January 2009, 08:13 AM
mtDNA: J2b1a1(a) | Y-DNA: I2a1a | Horse Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucksack View Post
Non members may not post at dna-forums.

Everyone and their dog can read the postings.

Google and Ask Jeeves are logged on all of the time.

Well Google, Ask Jeeves and the dog must not be "persona-non-grata" it will NOT let me even read the X thread..
Old 13th January 2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derinos View Post
I just had the same problem tho I have been registered for several years. They are "upgrading" the website. (They have always had rather military-grade dense security! Finally got through.

I just tried to re-register..it did not even budge..

Something about me? it must be an elite little group but then why post the link to it?

Again..it will not even let me READ the X thread.. WOW talk about security..
Old 13th January 2009, 09:31 AM

As hard as the military...

We spent 21 years in the Air Force, and this was as hard as the security in the military....Tryed every combo I could think of...Quite frustrating...I finally gave up monthes ago. Oh even tryed for new account too. Then last night I decided to try new account again, got in...These time I am writing down my info so this won't happen again....

Maria
Old 13th January 2009, 07:14 PM
FTDNA Customer

me newbie

I recently joined the dna-forums.org, and the only trouble I had was when I used an alternate browser. So I had to join again on that particular browser. But I haven't checked today yet.

R1a1a & U5b2
Old 14th January 2009, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
Thought you were Canadian Mohawk? Canadian Mohawk were clients of the French who were enemies of the south-of-the-Saint-Lawrence-Mohawk (NY state). Was the Canadian branch even part of the Iroquois Confederacy?
The Mohawks of Ontario (my home Province) are descendants of those who fought with the British in the American Revolution (except the Mohawks of Gibson who are an offshoot from Kanesatake, Quebec). All were members of the Church of England (as most are to this day). Those who followed Capt. John Deserontyon were given land at Tyendinaga (near Kingston) Ontario. Those who followed Capt Joseph Brant were given lands along the Grand River near Brantford Ontario. I have ancestors who settled at both locations but most of my grandmother's family resided in the latter place (where I lived before moving to California). My Mohawk and German ancestors (the latter being given land on the Rez due to intermarriage) were all Loyalists and were settled in their new homes by 1784.

You are thinking of the Kanawaki, Akwesasne and Kanesatake Mohawks of Quebec who migrated from the Mohawk Valley in the 1600s to reside with the French. Whole other group, but presumably pretty much the same X DNA - one might assume.
Old 14th January 2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Carrow View Post
I just tried to re-register..it did not even budge..

Something about me? it must be an elite little group but then why post the link to it?

Again..it will not even let me READ the X thread.. WOW talk about security..
I had a bit of a "tiff" with some members of this group (largely in relation to my moderating the R-U152 subforum) and I bailed. Some of us are exploring options with another group who have offered to provide webspace and some perks so that we can set up a study group there for us X addicts - where we can upload material, post links to important papers, and chat about what this or that means. Will keep all posted on developments here.
Old 14th January 2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKF View Post
I had a bit of a "tiff" with some members of this group (largely in relation to my moderating the R-U152 subforum) and I bailed. Some of us are exploring options with another group who have offered to provide webspace and some perks so that we can set up a study group there for us X addicts - where we can upload material, post links to important papers, and chat about what this or that means. Will keep all posted on developments here.

Thank you! That would be absolutely super..we could maybe link to the X database or even start another one..
I believe the X markers and haploblocks are significant.Tom Krahn told me way back when that the Haploblock could someday be "almost" as meaningful as the Y haploblock.We are now in it's infancy however..