• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbirk
    FTDNA Customer
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by msc_44 View Post
    My heritage matches went from 230 to 2660 over 10 times the database in one day
    Please, some information.

Did you DNA test at MyHeritage? Or did you DNA test at FTDNA and upload to MyHeritage?

How many matches do you have at FTDNA?

Comment

• ltd-jean-pull
      FTDNA Customer
      • Jun 2016

I've uploaded two FtDNA kits to MyHeritage. Both have gone from having under 200 matches to over 2000.

A fourth cousin and I were exchanging e-mails across the Tasman Sea last night. She had three Ancestry kits uploaded to MyHeritage. One previously had fewer than 100 matches (V2) and another had over 200 (a V1 Ancestry kit). They now have over 1000 and 2000 respectively.

The kit with 1000 matches has unknown paternity and the paternity appears to be European but not from the British Isles, which may explain the fewer matches rather than the version of the kit.

Comment

• msc_44
        FTDNA Customer
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jimbirk View Post
        Please, some information.

Did you DNA test at MyHeritage? Or did you DNA test at FTDNA and upload to MyHeritage?

How many matches do you have at FTDNA?
        I tested at FTDNA on FTDNA I have 2581 matches on my heritage I have 2662

Comment

• jimbirk
          FTDNA Customer
          • Apr 2017

To ltd-jean-pull and msc 44

Thanks for the information about MyHeritage uploads. I decided to go for it and uploaded my and my brother's DNA.

I have hesitated to use MyHeritage for years, even for free, due to bad reviews. I have known for years that I have multiple Danish cousins with family trees there. As I was adding my Danish family tree ancestors I got multiple tree matches. After I confirmed the 2nd match I got the "Upgrade To Premium" screen.
          OK, no thanks, I'll see if my Danish cousins can figure out who I am. Or I'll get my in touch with 2nd cousins in Denmark to contact the rest of the extended Birk clan.

Comment

• Frank Kelch
            FTDNA Customer
            • Jan 2017

1,000,050 Kits

As of december 27th, My Heritage is now claiming to have 1,000,050 kits in their database. Interesting how they have so few matches.

Comment

• Frank Kelch
              FTDNA Customer
              • Jan 2017

1,000,050 kits

Personally, I'm not convinced that they really have that many people in their database.

Comment

• Frank Kelch
                FTDNA Customer
                • Jan 2017

Maybe they do have that many people

I just checked my matches on my heritage- I now have nearly ten times as matches as I did yesterday.

Comment

• jimbirk
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Apr 2017

I uploaded my and my brother's DNA to MyHeritage. Took 7 days for results.

MyHeritage ethnic origins is very odd showing African, Balkan and Iberian that we don't have showing elsewhere.

I have 1116 matches at FTDNA and 1111 at MyHeritage.

My brother has 850 matches at FTDNA and 1006 at MyHeritage.

About 10% overlap between FTDNA and MyHeritage matches.

Comment

Working...
                  X