• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rhonda Hatton
    FTDNA Customer
    • Oct 2017

For anyone with Dutch ancestry

To anyone out there with attestable Dutch ancestry who has taken the Family Finder Test, does Dutch register as Western European?
  • hfp43
    FTDNA Customer
    • May 2014

Dutch Ancestry

Mine does seem to show up as W. European. With the various admixture tools at GEDmatch, it seems to show up as German.

Comment

• Rhonda Hatton
      FTDNA Customer
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by hfp43 View Post
      Mine does seem to show up as W. European. With the various admixture tools at GEDmatch, it seems to show up as German.
      Thank you for replying! That helps me a lot. What is GEDmatch?

Comment

• Germanica
        FTDNA Customer
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Rhonda Hatton View Post
        Thank you for replying! That helps me a lot. What is GEDmatch?
        It is a third party website where you can upload your raw DNA data, find DNA matches who have uploaded from other companies, and use the different admixture tools to get second opinions on your ethnicity, all for free. Gedmatch.com

Comment

• Serket
          FTDNA Customer
          • Sep 2013

My wife claims to be fully Dutch, but I have found a few of her ancestors from Germany. Under the old My Origins she showed up as: Western and Central Europe 79%, Scandinavia 16%, and Finland and Northern Siberia 5%. Her new results are significantly different, but I don't feel like looking up the exact amounts right now.

Also, I agree with the recommendation to join Gedmatch.com, it's a free way to find new matches.

Comment

Working...
          X