Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Universal Lineage Testing (Autosomal DNA) > myOrigins Basics

Old 20th November 2016, 11:50 PM
FTDNA Customer

My ethnicity: Irish.

Hunter-Gatherer: 47%

Farmer: 42%

Metal Age Invader: 11%

It seems that as the Metal Age Invaders moved away from their point of origin, they eliminated the male hunters and farmers that they encountered but mated with the surviving females and so - over time - became less Metal Age Invader and more HG/Farmer in terms of their genetic profiles.
Old 22nd November 2016, 07:52 PM
FTDNA Customer

Brasilian Results

Hello people,
I come from Brasil, from the Northwestern region, state of Pernambuco, specifficaly, from its capital, Recife. I´ve wrote so many details cause in my region, state, has strong admixture, then, I guess, DNA results can vary a lot from one to another person, but it also ocurrs in the rest of Brasil, maybe in some smaller proportion at southward region, but still high (I think). Well, these are my results:
-80% EUROPEAN(46% Farmer; 29% Hunter-Gatherer; 5% Metal Age Invader);
- 20% NON EUROPEAN.
Old 22nd November 2016, 08:00 PM
FTDNA Customer

Are you european?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpetit View Post
Farmer: 55 %
Hunter-Gatherer: 23%
Metal Age Invader: 12%
Non-European: 10 %

Mixed North African/West European
Dear colleague,
Are you european? From What country? Are your relatives from Europe?
Old 27th November 2016, 10:51 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvarela View Post
Dear colleague,
Are you european? From What country? Are your relatives from Europe?
I am from France and of mixed Algerian/French ancestry.
Old 28th November 2016, 11:46 AM
FTDNA Customer

Some more questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpetit View Post
I am from France and of mixed Algerian/French ancestry.
Is your algerian ascendent eally african, or is it a franch imigrant who went to Algeria? I question you cause you mentiones your DNA score was 10% non-european. Is it possible an european from just european ancestrors having tihs type of score? By the way, wdo you know what would be this 10% origuin come from. I questio you cause I would like to know about my one (20%).
Old 29th November 2016, 12:55 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCarlos View Post
Does the "Metal Age Invaders" category represent the Indo-European influence/people?
I think mostly so. It would be interesting to see if any nearly pure Basques get only very small to 0% of it.
Old 29th November 2016, 01:06 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserT View Post
My autosomal DNA reveals 84% Central/South Asian, 13% Mid-Eastern and 2% European (Finnish & N Siberian) ancestry, as per FTDNA testing.
FTDNA's new 'Ancient European Origins' feature reveals 63% Metal Age Invader, 23% Farmer, 14% Non-European and 0% Hunter-Gatherer. How do I interpret this, considering the fact that I am essentially a non-European? Is the Ancient Origins a breakdown of my 2% European origin? Can someone help?
Nah, it's only 14% that it didn't break down. The label calling it a European test is a bit of a misnomer. The Middle East and South and Central Asia also share these components, mostly the farmer components and the PIE/etc. component (Metal Age Invader).
Old 29th November 2016, 01:07 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse1961 View Post
My Origins: 100% East Asian (Southeast Asian)
Ancient Origins: 5% Metal Age Invader, 95% Non-European

Any explanation on the difference?
Southeast Asian has very little European/Middle Eastern/West+Central Asian input so it all makes sense.
Old 29th November 2016, 01:10 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh w. View Post
Gedrosia and ancient Origins are consistent. The Metal component appears to have begun in the Caucasus. Jews might have a higher rate of Metal than Italians. Metal probably peaks in Eastern Europe including Russia.
It seems to peak more in the Steppes/West Asia since that might be where PIE started and they didn't have much European Hunter-Gatherer. Farther west it's much lower numbers since it was invaders spreading out over a totally different substrate.
Old 29th November 2016, 01:15 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piquerobi View Post
A better way to calculate it would be to sum the Gedrosia and North European Dodecad Oracle k12b results (which one can get at Gedmatch). Gedrosia was absent in Neolithic Europeans. The North European component was present though at a lower degree (due to Hunter Gatherer ancestry): the Neolithic Irish woman (Kit M427312), for example, scored ~ 13 North European, and yet Modern Britons are between ~ 40 to 45 North European, hence that difference came via Yamnaya. On Dodecad k12b Yamnaya is mainly North European with minor Gedrosia.

Dodecad Oracle k12b results of the Yamnaya sample from Sok River:
Something seems a bit odd with how that Northern European works on Dodecad and Yamnaya is hardly Northern European. It seems to be some complicated mix of WHG, CHG and PIE while on other tests Northern European I think tends to more WHG and less CHG and PIE mixed in.