Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Universal Lineage Testing (Autosomal DNA) > Family Finder Advanced Topics

Family Finder Advanced Topics Advanced discussion about Family Tree DNA's Family Finder Product.

Old 16th September 2017, 07:41 AM
FTDNA Customer

How To Find Matches On One Chromosome

Is there a way to use the tools on this site to only bring up matches for Chromosome 9 to my mother?

I am trying to find the connection between my mother and a distant cousin. It seems to be a process of elimination.

I already have 9 people who match on Gedmatch on Chromosome 9. Now I would like to see if there are any matches on FamilyTreeDNA.

Just do not know how to go about this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Maureen Millikan
Old 16th September 2017, 04:37 PM
FTDNA Customer

Go to Chromosome Browser.
There, click "Download All Matches to Excel (CSV Format)" and save the file.

In the file, there is a table; every row contains information about one matching segment, and there are all the segments of all the matching people, in one table.

Open the downloaded file in Excel (or a similar program) and sort the data in the table by chromosome.

Hope you will find something useful.