X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by N21163 View Post
    No.
    One doesn't have to be a scientist to ask questions.
    If you took the time to consider what I was asking you would realise that this was not what I was talking about.

It would be helpful, for yourself and others, if you were able to include recent journal articles on the topics to back up your statements.

Are you unable to provide links to journal articles for your statements?
    Which of my statements bothers you the most?

Comment

• N21163
      FTDNA Customer
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
      Which of my statements bothers you the most?
      Can I only choose one?

I was referring to most of your posts.

Comment

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by N21163 View Post
        Can I only choose one?

I was referring to most of your posts.
        I would like you to explain then.

Comment

• fbirder
          FTDNA Customer
          • Dec 2011

As far as I can see everything you post is based solely on your beliefs and wishes. It is not science. If you want people to take you seriously then you need to back up your statements with references to accepted academic works.

Yes, they called Gallileo mad. However, they also called Bozo the Magnificent mad as well.

Comment

• N21163
            FTDNA Customer
            • Oct 2011

Ok.

Here are 3 of your posts from earlier in the forum:

M222 Thread Post # 3 - 1 week ago
            "The M222 modal was created using the haplotypes of the Irish group.Some are saying that the ancestor wasnt born in Ireland.If M222 is 3000 ybp then there has to be some subclades downstream."

M222 Thread Post # 5 - 1 week ago
            "Niall of the Nine Hostages was Irish.A lot of the people with surnames linked to him are M222 and I think that M222 is around 3000 ybp.
            The modal haplotype at ysearch was created using their haplotypes so the rest are outliers."

M222 Thread Post # 12 - 1 week ago
            "I was hoping that some M222 people would give their view.
            The M222 modal was created with Irish haplotypes being in the majority.The people who are closest to the modal will have a different SNP to those furthest from it.
            M222 was a private SNP at first.
            So you think that there are 2500 years between L21 and M222?
            What timeframe are you going to give to the subgroups under M222?
            I have already said that the Celts built Newgrange 5000 ybp and a lot of people say that L21 in Ireland is linked to the Celts and they are right."

After each of your posts other forum members had asked you to provide reference of your statements.

Comment

• mkdexter
              FTDNA Customer
              • Dec 2009

here's one link, from the M222 project at http://www.familytreedna.com/public/R1b1c7/

clanmaclochlainn.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, clanmaclochlainn.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

that has a ton of links down in the middle of the page about M222 and related topics.

Example: Anatole Klyosov's Analysis, Bill Howard's Analysis, Niall 'of the Nine Hostages' and so on
              Last edited by mkdexter; 16 May 2013, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by fbirder View Post
                As far as I can see everything you post is based solely on your beliefs and wishes. It is not science. If you want people to take you seriously then you need to back up your statements with references to accepted academic works.

Yes, they called Gallileo mad. However, they also called Bozo the Magnificent mad as well.
                One man at ysearch has a GD of 15 from my haplotype.I examined our markers and I know that he belongs to the subclade U198 which is a different branch of U106 to mine.So we have a common ancestor at least 6000 ybp.So the person who told me that one mutation equalls 100 years is wrong.I dont need a scientific study to verify this.
                Furthermore,I am good at this ancestor stuff.

Comment

• Javelin
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Jan 2009

One man at ysearch has a GD of 15 from my haplotype.I examined our markers and I know that he belongs to the subclade U198 which is a different branch of U106 to mine.So we have a common ancestor at least 6000 ybp.So the person who told me that one mutation equalls 100 years is wrong.I dont need a scientific study to verify this.
                  Not good enough to know the difference between STRs and SNPs, apparently.

Comment

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                    Not good enough to know the difference between STRs and SNPs, apparently.
                    I know the difference between facts and fiction.I didnt get dna tested to verify my family tree.
                    Last edited by 1798; 17 May 2013, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• N21163
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Oct 2011

I know the difference between facts and fiction.I didnt get dna tested to verify my family tree.
                      I guess if you believe it to be true then it must be.

Comment

• N21163
                        FTDNA Customer
                        • Oct 2011

Yes, why start using scientific studies now?

Supporting statements with professions of self-confidence...whatever next?

Comment

• aidan
                          FTDNA Customer
                          • Feb 2009

I'm M222. Even though I'm Irish, my closest matches have mostly Scottish surnames. I've no close matches at 111 markers. My closest matches are a distance of 6 & 7 from 67 markers.

Comment

• dello
                            FTDNA Customer
                            • Oct 2011

So near yet so far.

Aiden, Its funny I have noticed your name occasionally along side my sons, his Father was Irish, and just this morning I was looking at Gedmatch comparing chromosomes, as he has a solid Irish connection on chrom 21, you are on that one too, its not in the same place though??????? Julie Dello.

Comment

• Javelin
                              FTDNA Customer
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by aidan View Post
                              I'm M222. Even though I'm Irish, my closest matches have mostly Scottish surnames. I've no close matches at 111 markers. My closest matches are a distance of 6 & 7 from 67 markers.
                              Do your closest matches have mainly Gaelic-derived Highland names? If so I would guess they all have Irish ancestry from the time of Dal Riata. If your matches have more Lowland-sounding names I would guess at the influence running in the other direction, Scotland > Ireland.

Comment

• aidan
                                FTDNA Customer
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dello View Post
                                Aiden, Its funny I have noticed your name occasionally along side my sons, his Father was Irish, and just this morning I was looking at Gedmatch comparing chromosomes, as he has a solid Irish connection on chrom 21, you are on that one too, its not in the same place though??????? Julie Dello.
                                Very interesting!

Comment

Working...
                                X