• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ntk
    FTDNA Customer
    • Nov 2016

Suppressing join request emails

I don't want to get join request notification emails for the project I am co-admin of; I've already unchecked "Member Join Request" under "My Settings", but I continue to receive join request emails.

What's up with that?
  • Jim Barrett
    R-BY55907
    • Apr 2003

Did you click on the "Save Settings" button near the top left corner of the page?

If so get out of GAP, sign in again, go to "My Account" and check to see if "Member Join Request" is still unchecked.

Not long ago I had a problem setting it to save a change I made to page size. I'd click on "Save Setting" and maybe even get the message that the setting had been saved, but they hadn't.

After changing the setting I believe I just clicked in an open area outside of the controls, clicked on the "Save Settings" and it worked.

Comment

• ntk
      FTDNA Customer
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
      Did you click on the "Save Settings" button near the top left corner of the page?

If so get out of GAP, sign in again, go to "My Account" and check to see if "Member Join Request" is still unchecked.
      Yes, and it is still unchecked. Only Advanced Order Results, Member Order, and Y-DNA Deep Clade results are still checked under notifications. I no longer get swamped with other DNA result notifications. But I still get the join requests; just got one.

Just to be OCD I've checked it and saved it again then unchecked and saved agWill see if somehow re-disabling it will take whenain.

Comment

• MoberlyDrake
        mtDNA: T2b5 | Y-DNA: J-M172
        • May 2010

If you are co-administrator, maybe you can't change that setting. The administrator probably wants those join requests to come through.

Comment

• Jim Barrett
          R-BY55907
          • Apr 2003

Doesn't each admin/co-admin have their own "My Settings" page?

Comment

• ifiru
            Y:N-BY32529 mt:U8a1a1b1
            • Oct 2015

You can make a filter to your email software on your computer. When you receive joining request, it puts that email automatically to subfolder you have defined on your computer.

Comment

Working...
            X