• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moonta
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jun 2015

Unable to download raw data

Trying to download raw data. I have tried various browsers and it gets an xml error each time. Download works on other accounts I manage.

Account has just had it's family finder results made available and I can see relatives, just not able to download

------------------------------------------------------------
    This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message><Key>secure/92/b383/e0-/24f8-4a25-9770-99b1548d8462/ffo-92b383e0-24f8-4a25-9770-99b1548d8462.csv.gz</Key><RequestId>26C4DFB69C35B39D</RequestId><HostId>+5hC+03tRjYMu+jUfCS8C/TkEmqpFO0y9ipyGdUYUcgFo6QJk5pFE0HRlUTPlT9BF4henKqj 0ko=</HostId></Error>

Oh when I try to submit an online request/bug report, I get a 'houston we have a problem...'
  • crossover
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jun 2014

i have that same problem also.

Comment

• jbarry6899
      FTDNA Customer
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by crossover View Post
      i have that same problem also.
      It usually takes a day or two after results are posted before the raw data download is available.

Comment

• crossover
        FTDNA Customer
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by jbarry6899 View Post

It usually takes a day or two after results are posted before the raw data download is available.
        i'll check the link tomorrow then

Comment

• Moonta
          FTDNA Customer
          • Jun 2015

Thanks everyone. Now works.

I guess patience is a virtue, but a meaningful (or any) message would be more appropriate than an xml error.

Comment

• bobspector
            FTDNA Customer
            • Jan 2016

Can't download raw data

Same problem here, same error message. My data has been available for many days.

Also, I get LOTS of "Houston, we have a problem" error messages--I believe these are FTDNA server timeouts--tech support is not sounding too supportive when they tell me:

I apologize but we do not have an update at this time. We are currently working on upgrading our servers to remedy this issue.

This should certainly be made public on the site, on these forums, and even in an email to all users, letting us know FTDNA is aware of the problem, and is working to rectify it. That's common sense PR/IT these days.

Comment

• telly441
              FTDNA Customer
              • Apr 2015

FTDNA has never been one for transparency with it customers. While their customer service reps are great to work with, the information they have access to is less then perfect.

Last year it took FTDNA many months to admit they had a supply issue with reagents.

They are currently experiencing a lot of tech/IT issues but nothing has been said to the customers about it. We just have to put up with all the server timeouts, slow system response and other IT issues.

But it is what it is and we all just put up with it

Comment

• B79648
                FTDNA Customer
                • Nov 2015

I'm getting the same error and have had my results for almost two months now.

That's the reason I'm in the forums right now. I was looking for an answer.

Hope they fix this soon. I've paid already after all.

Comment

• Darren
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Jun 2007

B79648,

I went ahead and entered in a bug report for you so they can get this corrected. Just curious though, why do you want to download the raw data that you already uploaded to your account via third party testing?

-Darren

Comment

• jonni7
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Nov 2016

I have the same problem 3 days now.

Comment

• Abshelto
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Jan 2017

I've had the same issue since my results were visible 6 days ago. I sent in a support ticket and received this message: "Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Regarding this issue, as your Family Finder results just came in, your raw data should become downloadable within 1 business day.

Have a wonderful day!"

So fingers crossed I will be able to download them tomorrow!

Comment

• Abshelto
                        FTDNA Customer
                        • Jan 2017

Working for me today!

Comment

Working...
                        X