Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > General Interest > Adoptees Forum

Adoptees Forum This is a forum for adoptees and descendants of adoptees to share their research experiences and exchange information as well as tips. This board is open to customers and visitors.

Old 31st August 2017, 11:12 AM
FTDNA Customer

Searching for my Maternal Grandfather and his Father

Hello,

The birth father of my mother (born Patricia Lynn MacBride in Alliston, Ontario on December 17, 1960) was 28 years of age during the birth of my mom. Therefore, he was born around 1932. According to a letter from the Children's Aid Society containing non-identifying information about my mom's ancestors, the birth father was 5 foot 8 and had light brown hair and blue eyes. He was good looking.

His partner was Joyce Mae MacBride (my maternal grandmother). I found out about Joyce from my mom's birth certificate. Joyce and her partner were not married at the time.

The birth father's father was killed in a mining accident in the earlier years of his marriage (died after 1932 somewhere in Canada, probably Ontario)

The birth father's mom was 5 foot 5, blonde, and worked as a housekeeper.

The birth father's grandpa owned his own dairy company and died in his early 60s from a heart attack or stroke.

The birth father's grandma was a nurse who died during child birth.

In fact, my mom's birth father is NOT Roy Alexander Lemon (Joyce's second partner, born in 1942). I don't think that he is Donald Gordon Gabourie (1932-1989) whose dad Harold also died from a mining accident (1936) because Donald's paternal grandma Agnes Bosley died at an old age.

The birth father had an older sister. She was married with four children. She was small and had light brown hair.

Included in the attachment is the proof indicating non-identifying information about my mom's real ancestors. She was later given up for adoption by Constance Herrmann and Howard Vincent Lewis.

I would gladly appreciate some assistance because I have no idea who my mom's birth father is. I don't know his surname.

Perhaps my Family Finder test will provide me some valuable information regarding my mom's birth father. The Family Finder results may take a couple weeks from now.

Ashley Cullip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maternalgrandpa.jpg (481.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 5th September 2017, 11:09 PM
FTDNA Customer

Have you already tried contacting the birth mother or her family?? Or are you trying to avoid contact with them?

Who were the people that gave her up for adoption? A foster family?
Old 6th September 2017, 09:18 PM
FTDNA Customer

Maternal Contacts

Although I never yet met the MacBride relatives of mine, I don't know the actual phone number of Joyce Mae MacBride (now LEMON).

Joyce's younger brother has a LinkedIn account. His name is Carl MacBride.

I have a LinkedIn account, but I need a free trial of the Premium service first. I already sent Carl an invitation so I could connect with him.

I hope Carl or Joyce can provide me information about Joyce's 1st partner (my mom's birth father).

Joyce Mae MacBride (my mom's birth mother) did indeed give my mom up for adoption in 1961. Joyce felt she was too young to be married and could not raise her baby alone.

Like I mentioned in my last post, my mom's ADOPTIVE (non-biological) parents were Constance Herrmann and Vincent Howard Lewis. They are both deceased.

Last edited by ShepherdessZdena; 6th September 2017 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Contact Information Revealed
Old 6th September 2017, 10:07 PM
yDNA: R-CTS2509; mtDNA: T2e

FTDNA and genetic genealogy in general place a great emphasis on privacy, given the nervousness about people's personal information and internet security. I doubt that you have the permission of the person whose name, address and phone number you've posted to publicly post it.

It's not necessary that dozens of people read your post and see personal information about someone you expect to be related to you through a mystery adoption you're trying to solve. There's a very good chance that they don't wish to make that information public. You need to edit that personal information out of your post!
Old 6th September 2017, 10:35 PM
FTDNA Customer

Contact Information Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMaddi View Post
FTDNA and genetic genealogy in general place a great emphasis on privacy, given the nervousness about people's personal information and internet security. I doubt that you have the permission of the person whose name, address and phone number you've posted to publicly post it.

It's not necessary that dozens of people read your post and see personal information about someone you expect to be related to you through a mystery adoption you're trying to solve. There's a very good chance that they don't wish to make that information public. You need to edit that personal information out of your post!
Sorry, I am new to the forums on this site. I didn't quite realize that posting someone's contact information on a post should be avoided.

I removed the phone number and address from the post.