• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rod
    FTDNA Customer
    • Nov 2005

Earliest know maternal ancestor..

Right now my earliest known maternal ancestor is Mrs. Sarah Bell whose second daughter, Elizabeth Jane Bell was born in 1829 in Blyborough, Lincoln, England. Here's a picture of her daughter Charlotte (Moore) Joy born in 1869. The photo was taken in about 1894.
  • krimna
    • Jan 2006

My earliest known maternal ancestor was Louisa Jane Milton (birth/death info unknown), who's daughter is Mona Dale Vincent b. 07 July 1897 in Abbotsford, Clark County, Wisconsin. My mother's family also has a large Michigan presents. Are you originally from Michigan or do you have any relatives from the Battle Creek area?

Comment

• rod
      FTDNA Customer
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by krimna
      My earliest known maternal ancestor was Louisa Jane Milton (birth/death info unknown), who's daughter is Mona Dale Vincent b. 07 July 1897 in Abbotsford, Clark County, Wisconsin. My mother's family also has a large Michigan presents. Are you originally from Michigan or do you have any relatives from the Battle Creek area?
      Elizabeth had daugheters Harriet and Sarah born in Ontario, Eliza and Charlotte born in Lansing Michigan area.

Comment

• rivergirl
        FTDNA Customer
        • Jul 2006

Hi,

My earlist known maternal ancestor is Kirten Olisdatter, who married in 1726, in Skamstrup Sogn (Parish), Tuse Herred (District), Holbaek Amt (County), Denmark.

I have a website at www.tribalpages.com/tribe/gensfj with my family tree.

Frances

Comment

• rivergirl
          FTDNA Customer
          • Jul 2006

I missed a letter in that link , it should be

still getting used to this forum stuff.

Comment

• krimna
            • Jan 2006

Earliest known ancestor update.

Hello all,
            I've traced my ancestry to a Sarah Jane Dancy of England, b.c. 1840, who migrated to St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada.

Comment

• krimna
              • Jan 2006

Hello all,
              I've traced my ancestry to a Sarah Jane Dancy of England, b.c. 1840, who migrated to St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada.
              Correction, thats Sarah Ann Dancy b.c. 1841 England and then Ontario, Canada.

Comment

• rivergirl
                FTDNA Customer
                • Jul 2006

Correction, thats Sarah Ann Dancy b.c. 1841 England and then Ontario, Canada.
                Congratulations on getting back further. Do you know where in England Sarah came from??

Comment

• krimna
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by rivergirl
                  Congratulations on getting back further. Do you know where in England Sarah came from??
                  Not yet. I've all but depleated my North American sources. I'm not sure where to begin the connection with England.

Comment

• krimna
                    • Jan 2006

Woo Hoo! I'm cooking now! Just fell upon a boat load of new info regarding my maternal ancestor's. Sarah Ann Dancy was born Sept 1838 in Cuckfield, Sussex, England to Abraham Dancy and Mildred Miles. Mildred Miles was born 03 March 1805 in Cuckfield, Sussex, England to Levi Miles and Mary Istead. Mary Istead was born 1765 in East Grinstead, Sussex, England to Henry Istead and Hannah Hasselden. That's all for now, but I'll let everyone know once I receive more.

Comment

• krimna
                      • Jan 2006

Woo Hoo! I'm cooking now! Just fell upon a boat load of new info regarding my maternal ancestors. Sarah Ann Dancy was born Sept 1838 in Cuckfield, Sussex, England to Abraham Dancy and Mildred Miles. Mildred Miles was born 03 March 1805 in Cuckfield, Sussex, England to Levi Miles and Mary Istead. Mary Istead was born 1765 in East Grinstead, Sussex, England to Henry Istead and Hannah Hasselden. That's all for now, but I'll let everyone know once I receive more.

Comment

• Sonia
                        • Dec 2004

Adopted V

Hi,

I'm writing in for my brother-in-law who's mtDNA haplogroup is V. He was born 1931 in Niagara Co, NY, adopted in 1935, and raised African American in Buffalo, NY. His name on his original birth certificate was Thomas Weiss.

His mother told him that his biomom was born in England and was sent to the US to give birth so she could not be traced because his biological father was African.

ABDNA results were 66% European, 33%, 1% Asian.
                        Y-DNA haplogroup is J1.

This probably indicates that his biodad was mixed African (maternal) & European (paternal).

Anyone with any family lore matching this story?

TIA,

Comment

• krimna
                          • Jan 2006

Hello Sonia,

The Weiss surname is of Jewish origin and the J1 Y-Haplotype contains the Cohen Modal. Sure he's not Jewish?

Comment

Earliest Known Ancestor

My earliest known (at this time) ancestor is Katherine Banks b. 1627 Canterbury, Kent Co., England, d. December 01, 1686 Presque Isle, Henrico Co., VA, who m/ before 1642 in Henrico Co., VA Joseph Royall b. 1602 London, England, d. London, England Doghams, Charles City, VA.
                            Katherine's father was Christopher Banks b. 1603 Canterbury, Kent Co., or Northamptonshire, England. One source states that Katherine's mother is Alice Foxe b. England, but I haven't proven or disproven this yet.

Comment

My earliest known (at this time) ancestor is Katherine Banks b. 1627 Canterbury, Kent Co., England, d. December 01, 1686 Presque Isle, Henrico Co., VA, who m/ before 1642 in Henrico Co., VA Joseph Royall b. 1602 London, England, d. London, England Doghams, Charles City, VA.
                              Katherine's father was Christopher Banks b. 1603 Canterbury, Kent Co., or Northamptonshire, England. Some sources states that Katherine's mother was Janet of Kent b. 1607 England. Christopher Bank's father is reportedly Christopher Banks, Sr. and his wife Alice Foxe both of the London, England area. I haven't proven or disproven this yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X