Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Paternal Lineages (Y-DNA) > Y-DNA Haplogroups & SNPs Advanced

Y-DNA Haplogroups & SNPs Advanced Users can talk about SNP based tests such as single SNP testing by Sanger sequencing, Geno 2.0 chip based testing, and next-generation sequencing tests like BIG Y.

Old 16th June 2017, 03:47 PM
FTDNA Customer

No Matches Yet , Haplogroup R-Z21280

I have tested my husband's Y-DNA against our son and two cousins who were descendants of the brothers of his great-grandfather. Only our son matched. This was not a surprise since the date of the death of the father of the boys was not known.I am now testing a different branch of the line from the third brother to determine if the NPE occurred in Denmark, where all were born or closer to home. For now, I am assuming there will be a match. Further, as far as I can tell, haplogroup R-Z21280 is not Scandinavian. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what my next steps should be? I have also done autosomal testing and only find people in the 2-4 cousin range without trees.

Bookmarks