Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Recreation Room

Recreation Room This is a good place for chatting about off topic subjects and just having fun together. Keep the humor PG13 and things friendly please.

Old 28th November 2016, 03:00 PM
mtDNA: K1a3 | Y-DNA: R-L1308*

You know you're thinking about DNA too much when. . .

. . . it shows up in your dreams!

Just before awakening this morning, I had a short dream sequence (part of a longer, forgotten one). In this sequence, I was attending a presentation by an anonymous woman genetic genealogist, to a small group. She was presenting five or six letter-sized pieces of paper, which were all taped in a circle to a screen or board. Each paper had a number on it, of which the only one I can almost recall was "7105" or similar, with no haplogroup or other prefix.

I couldn't quite read the numbers from where I was sitting, so leaned in. I asked, "Are these haplogroups?" (by which I meant Y-subclades, actually). The presenter turned and said, "Yes, they are. And Bob and Jim are R3!" "Bob" seemed to be someone she knew (of which the audience was aware), and "Jim" was someone the audience knew.

Amazed and astounded, all I could say was "R3?!?" and at that point the dream ended and I woke up.

Last edited by KATM; 28th November 2016 at 03:09 PM.
Old 28th November 2016, 07:08 PM
FTDNA Customer

Heck, DNA has begun to show up in my nightmares. I woke up the other night going "No, No, No" I'd had a bad dream in which my mother's family lines crossed my father's and a doctor was saying that to correct the mess in my family tree that they'd have to operate, so the "NO,NO,NO response.
Old 28th November 2016, 08:50 PM
mtDNA: K1a3 | Y-DNA: R-L1308*

keigh, your insurance probably wouldn't cover that procedure!

Vivid dreams certainly can be interesting, can't they!
Old 28th November 2016, 11:35 PM
mtDNA: T2b5 | Y-DNA: J-M172

I dream about DNA ever so often, but it's never interesting. Just going through results, often in ways that aren't possible though.
Old 26th May 2017, 01:59 PM
FTDNA Customer

DNA dread Not dreams

I have been trying to find information on my link to Ukraine. Grandmother was old when I was growing up and was illiterate, mother was born in the USA and didn't know too much about family or even the correct name. I have been at this for over 10 years now and still can't find any information to fill in the gaps. I am not going to buy another test to find nothing again.
Old 26th May 2017, 02:13 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastsister View Post
I have been trying to find information on my link to Ukraine. Grandmother was old when I was growing up and was illiterate, mother was born in the USA and didn't know too much about family or even the correct name. I have been at this for over 10 years now and still can't find any information to fill in the gaps. I am not going to buy another test to find nothing again.
Which tests have you had done thus far?

Jack