Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Announcements and New Features

Announcements and New Features Announcements of changes at Family Tree DNA and to the FTDNA website. This is also for general communications by FTDNA staff.

Old 5th May 2014, 04:26 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Táltos View Post
LOL! What's imminent? I still don't see it!
Me neither, I just report what has been said. "Imminent" at FTDNA must not be translated to "now"

edit : here you go http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...&postcount=188

Last edited by Mihajlo; 5th May 2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 5th May 2014, 04:34 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihajlo View Post
Me neither, I just report what has been said. "Imminent" at FTDNA must not be translated to "now"

edit : here you go http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...&postcount=188
Thanks. Oh well, I was hoping today.
Old 5th May 2014, 08:23 PM
mtDNA: K2a | Y-DNA: R-L1029

The reality is that they can't be more precise than regional.

Heck, what does Irish mean? Different regions of Ireland have somewhat different admixture. The same is true of Scotland, England and most other places.

Being unhappy about reality isn't very productive. I'll be happy if they break things down reasonably on a regional basis.
Old 6th May 2014, 12:51 PM
FTDNA Customer

I think myOrigins just went live.
Old 6th May 2014, 01:10 PM
FTDNA Customer

I can see my new MyOrigins results now, and I am not an admin, so I guess everyone is seeing theirs now. My new results are a lot more realistic. No more strange 12% ME- most of that was the Trans-Ural Peneplain, which makes much more sense when compared to my traditional genealogy research. Supposedly, my mother's family has Native American heritage , but I did not expect to see much of it in my DNA. I suspect that my mother inherited some of the NA DNA in bits and pieces from both sides of her family, but my Dad's family was most certainly 100% European, and it was not likely that we had any true Middle Eastern heritage on either side. I am pleased with the new version of PF!
Old 6th May 2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrigensCrow View Post
I can see my new MyOrigins results now, and I am not an admin, so I guess everyone is seeing theirs now. My new results are a lot more realistic. No more strange 12% ME- most of that was the Trans-Ural Peneplain, which makes much more sense when compared to my traditional genealogy research. Supposedly, my mother's family has Native American heritage , but I did not expect to see much of it in my DNA. I suspect that my mother inherited some of the NA DNA in bits and pieces from both sides of her family, but my Dad's family was most certainly 100% European, and it was not likely that we had any true Middle Eastern heritage on either side. I am pleased with the new version of PF!
My results are in too.I am 98% ECI and 2% North Circumpolar.I opted in.The pins are great for locating matches.

Last edited by 1798; 6th May 2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 6th May 2014, 01:22 PM
FTDNA Customer

Before + After

Before & After images attached.

Question! Are the heat maps per cluster the same size/shape for everyone or are they tailored to our individual results? My Northeast Asia chunk is massive, as you can see, and I'm wondering if the darkest area is individualized at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.jpg (74.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg After.jpg (92.9 KB, 37 views)
Old 6th May 2014, 01:30 PM
FTDNA Customer

Is there a list of populations for MyOrigins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosbears View Post
I think myOrigins just went live.
Where may we see a list of the reference populations and the number of reference persons in each of those populations?

Does anyone show a heat map over Spain or Portugal? If so, would you please share it?

I have many people in my project with African ancestry but none show any shading over Guinea-Bissau or Gambia. I'm interested in knowing if any ethnic groups from those areas are included in the reference populations.

Thank you and sincerely, Peter

Peter J. Roberts
Old 6th May 2014, 01:33 PM
FTDNA Customer

MyOrigins Results

95% ECI
3% ME(Anatolia and Caucus
1% CSA (Eurasian Heartland)

Guess my 12% on paper German/French is buried in there somewhere. My fathers family is very dark haired, hairy,brown eyed and olive skinned . He was 75% Irish and 25% German/French on paper. But his fathers nickname was "Turk" because of his looks.
Old 6th May 2014, 01:34 PM
yDNA: R-FGC12058, mtDNA: K2a6

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterebay View Post
Where may we see a list of the reference populations and the number of reference persons in each of those populations?

Does anyone show a heat map over Spain or Portugal? If so, would you please share it?

I have many people in my project with African ancestry but none show any shading over Guinea-Bissau or Gambia. I'm interested in knowing if any ethnic groups from those areas are included in the reference populations.

Thank you and sincerely, Peter

Peter J. Roberts
In the webinar yesterday, they said the reference populations would be listed in the FAQ for myOrigins but I don't when that will be posted.