YDNA 67 match with NO Family Finder Match- & odd Haplo N1C1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fullerbb
    • Jun 2008

YDNA 67 match with NO Family Finder Match- & odd Haplo N1C1?

I have been working closely with my YDNA match. She submitted at least 2 YDNA kits with one at 67 markers. I have submitted 2 YDNA kits, with one at 67. We have a 67 match with one mutation - the DIFFICULT "Johnson" surname! She is stuck at 1819 KY & I am stuck at 1784 NC.
    We have another Johnson match from 1824 OH with 2 mutations at 37. This person is upgrading to 67 & also submitting Family Finder. & another match overseas who states his earliest ancestor is Anders Andersson Vaissinen, 1640-1677, Treskogs äg. Now I understand the difficult naming patterns of the Finns & Swedes.

We have both done Family Finder testing. She used the same male for her FF test. I used myself- maiden name Johnson (not sure that matters). We did not match on the Family Finder test & I understand that our connection could be too far back to show up. Correct? Would it help at all if I upgraded my Male YDNA 67 with Family Finder? Could it show anything different than mine (other than his personal maternal side)? We share the same Johnson Grandfather.

Now to the N1C1 Haplotype. It shows our Johnsons of Finnish origin, so naturally I am trying hard to study the immigrants into Delaware & New Sweden. I suspect that Delaware & Elk River Cecil Maryland may be very important for us all.

So should I upgrade the YDNA 67 to Family Finder? & does anyone have tips on those working on Finn & Swede migration families?

Any help appreciated
    Thanks,
    Debra Johnson
  • JSW
    FTDNA Customer
    • Apr 2003

YDNA 67 match with NO Family Finder Match
    RE I used myself- maiden name Johnson (not sure that matters).
    It does not matter in some ways and it does in others
    I understand that our connection could be too far back to show up. Correct?
    Everyone has a different 50% atDNA they get from their parents
    Thus a no match could well be beyond what happened
    I have a 4th cousin and we share ZERO at DNA - it just happened that way.
    Would it help at all if I upgraded my Male YDNA 67 with Family Finder?
    It might I am happy I did my 2 siblings as they have a different set
    of DNA from my parents. You want to have or be able to deduce the
    oldest atDNA you can.
    RE ow to the N1C1 Haplotype. It shows our Johnsons of Finnish origin,
    Well maybe - those matches could go back to the year 1200 and maybe
    before. Could be only one branch migrated to Finland from elsewhere.

RE Upgrades
    Family Finder - yes you should
    Y67 - you never know what the results are until you get them
    this is less an issue than FF but if money will allow it yes
    This is because you are dealing with more than one surname
    and even with one surname there are cases where 67 is not enough
    and one needs 111 to make good conclusions.

Comment

• Svein Davidsen
      FTDNA Customer
      • Jun 2005

Fullerbb,

As a hg N1c1 from southern Norway, about 1600 AD, I have collected a large database of N1c1 results and I would be very interested in checking your matches in that database - could you please let me know your FTDNA and ysearch IDs.

Hg N1c1 is very infrequent in southern Norway and my closest matches are with a Forest Finn from Sweden and a Scotsman, i.e. don't limit your search for US ancestors only to Finns.

Good hunting.

Comment

Working...
      X