Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Group Administrators Forums > Group Administrators - Advanced Chat

Group Administrators - Advanced Chat Discussion forum for Project Group Administrators. Exchange experiences, ideas and interpretation of results.

Old 2nd June 2018, 12:36 AM
FTDNA Customer

Admin Directory?

Last week, just after GDPR went into effect, for one day there was a directory of Administrators and which projects they managed. I saw my name on all 5 projects that I now Administrate. I can no longer find that directory anywhere on the FTDNA site. Does anyone know how to find it? Maybe they already removed it for some unknown reason.
Old 3rd June 2018, 04:20 PM
FTDNA Customer

I never knew that this existed, will be interested in the answer.
Old 4th June 2018, 10:46 AM
FTDNA Customer

It's a mystery. It was there for at least one day and gone the next. I have asked support how to find it again, but they have not responded to me.
Old 17th June 2018, 10:09 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonslayton76 View Post
I never knew that this existed, will be interested in the answer.
I found the Admin directory again in case you are interested. You cannot see it in the GAP. Log in to a kit. Navigate to manage my groups. At the top, just above the list of groups the kit belongs to, it says to click here to see a list of project administrators.
Old 18th June 2018, 12:49 AM
R-BY39877

This gives you a list of projects, not a list of admins. If you select a project you can see the admin(s) for the selected project.
Old 18th June 2018, 12:46 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Barrett View Post
This gives you a list of projects, not a list of admins. If you select a project you can see the admin(s) for the selected project.
When we had to sign the new agreement from FTDNA about being a project administrator, there was a clause under GROUP PROJECT TRANSPARENCY A. iii. which states that "A list of all administrators......will be displayed publically..."
I asked FTDNA where to find this list, and was told I could find it where I stated in my earlier post.
Old 18th June 2018, 04:00 PM
R-BY39877

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHolt-Galvin View Post
When we had to sign the new agreement from FTDNA about being a project administrator, there was a clause under GROUP PROJECT TRANSPARENCY A. iii. which states that "A list of all administrators......will be displayed publically..."
I asked FTDNA where to find this list, and was told I could find it where I stated in my earlier post.
Did you find it there? I didn't!
Old 18th June 2018, 05:07 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Barrett View Post
Did you find it there? I didn't!
Yes. I took a screen shot of the page because I had questions about the wording of the document I was agreeing to.