Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Group Administrators Forums > Group Administrators - New and Begining Admins

Old 20th April 2018, 03:35 PM
FTDNA Customer

Where to start with my group administrator account

I have slowly ordered 13 kits for my family and cousins. I have hated loading and closing each kit. As far as I have gotten is just adding my group administrator account, no further. Can someone tell me the best way to setup my group administrator account? I am able to launch the account. I have not gone further. If you have links to good tutorials that you think would benefit me.
I have MS and I have cognitive problems. I got into this to help keep me sharp. If I can get the info into my long term memory I can retain it.
Rich
Old 20th April 2018, 07:12 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by richjh View Post
I have slowly ordered 13 kits for my family and cousins. I have hated loading and closing each kit. As far as I have gotten is just adding my group administrator account, no further. Can someone tell me the best way to setup my group administrator account? I am able to launch the account. I have not gone further. If you have links to good tutorials that you think would benefit me.
I have MS and I have cognitive problems. I got into this to help keep me sharp. If I can get the info into my long term memory I can retain it.
Rich
Looks like you have made a thread on this before. You received replies including from myself, did you try this?

http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...highlight=full
Old 23rd April 2018, 04:50 PM
FTDNA Customer

In the GAP Project Administration tab select "Project Profile.
Look down and find where it says "Returning Join Link"

I suggest - copy and past that "Returning Join Link" into either a word-document or a draft e-mail, so you can easily find it.
Log out of your GAP Account.
Copy the "Returning Join Link" and paste it into the URL, and click.
Then click on the Join Button.
[if there is no Join Button, you probably did like I did at first, and copied the wrong link - so read carefully and try again to copy the link next to "Returning Join Link"]

Then log out of that FTDNA Account and do again with another of the accounts.

And so on, till all are done.

I always have my account set so Approval is not needed - since folks only get an invite if I send it. But if your Account is set so Approval is needed, then after you return to your GAP account, approve them.