• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soki78
    FTDNA Customer
    • Aug 2016

Problem with coupon

Hello!
    Got weekly holiday reward. -40$ for Y111.
    I already did Y67.
    When applying coupon, I'm getting message "This coupon requires a greater amount to be purchased".

Any explanation?
  • Jim Barrett
    R-BY55907
    • Apr 2003

The upgrade only cost $99. They want you to apply the coupon to an upgrade that cost more. You can call and verify this.

They should list these conditions some where.

Comment

• prairielad
      FTDNA Customer
      • Feb 2011

As far as I know, discount codes can not be applied to upgrades (ie yDNA67 to yDNA111)

Discount is only if you have not done any level of yDNA testing

maybe just a standard message, although cart is not recognizing that you have not selected any product discount can be applied to...$0 purchased (not including upgrade)

attachment of $40 off YDNA, which states at bottom, that it can not be used on an upgrade.
      Attached Files

Comment

• dna
        FTDNA Customer
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
        As far as I know, discount codes can not be applied to upgrades (ie yDNA67 to yDNA111)

Discount is only if you have not done any level of yDNA testing

maybe just a standard message, although cart is not recognizing that you have not selected any product discount can be applied to...$0 purchased (not including upgrade)

attachment of $40 off YDNA, which states at bottom, that it can not be used on an upgrade.
        Exactly. This sale does not appear to include any coupons for upgrades.

Mr. W

P.S.
        @soki78, you had probably received an e-mail from FTDNA that if you purchase the Big Y test during this holiday sale, you will get upgraded to Y-DNA111 for free. That of course does not help, if you had already done the Big Y test...

Comment

• The_Contemplator
          FTDNA Customer
          • Jun 2015

As everyone said that coupon does not work on upgrades. The only coupons that have been seen to work on upgrades would be the ones that are for "Y37, Y67, or Y111". Not the ones that only mention "Y67" or the ones that only mention "Y111".

As others have noted, if you haven't taken a Big Y, doing so during the sale will give you a free upgrade to Y111.

Comment

Working...
          X