Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Group Administrators Forums > Group Administrators - New and Begining Admins

Old 16th April 2017, 11:32 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattn View Post
In the GAP Project Administration tab select "Project Profile". Next to "Returning Join Link" copy the entire link and send that link to those who wish to join or use that link to join your own kits to the project. Important: To join your kits to the project you must log out of GAP first then log in to an individual kit and after logging in go to your Returning Join Link and then join project, log into each individual account you wish to join the project and repeat above step for all your individual kits you wish to be part of the project. If your project is marked as private then that join link will take you to a join request form, fill that out and then approve as administrator.
Doing that gets me the same thing as when I sent myself a Join Request and clicked on the link in it -- a page headed with "Join The <my family finder Project> Group Project" - but the page has no "Join" button and no "Request" button. I've found out how to get the Description of the Project in there, and have gotten that working. But can see no way to join from the page inviting me to join.

Is the "Join" or "Request" Button supposed to show, or how am I supposed to join from the page inviting me to join?

Is there a lag time before this works, or are there certain steps/actions/setting up I have to do before they will work?
Old 18th April 2017, 09:19 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loobster View Post
Doing that gets me the same thing as when I sent myself a Join Request and clicked on the link in it -- a page headed with "Join The <my family finder Project> Group Project" - but the page has no "Join" button and no "Request" button. I've found out how to get the Description of the Project in there, and have gotten that working. But can see no way to join from the page inviting me to join.

Is the "Join" or "Request" Button supposed to show, or how am I supposed to join from the page inviting me to join?

Is there a lag time before this works, or are there certain steps/actions/setting up I have to do before they will work?
I would contact customer support then. As suggested I have always used the "Returning Join Link" and never had any problems inviting people to join a project or joining one of my own kits. It seems odd that you wouldn't see a join button when you are logging into the individual kits and going to that link. Maybe because your project is new? It would seem like an IT problem to me. Good luck.
Old 18th April 2017, 08:46 PM
FTDNA Customer

Thanks!! My fault.

Despite what you said, I copied the "Join Link" instead of the "Returning Join Link". At this point, not sure if I was looking at the words "Returning Join Link" but goofed in what I copied, or if managed to overlook the word "Returning" in your directions, but yay!

Am still baffled why what they send when you choose "Send Join Request", which is the "Join Request" link, does not have a Join Button, or if that might be a goof, but at least I can now get Kits added.
Was getting totally spooked.