Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Group Administrators Forums > Group Administrators - Advanced Chat

Group Administrators - Advanced Chat Discussion forum for Project Group Administrators. Exchange experiences, ideas and interpretation of results.

Old 14th July 2018, 11:21 AM
FTDNA Customer

Join Autorization

Since GDPR went into effect, I have been asking for more information from people who are requesting to join one of the projects I administer. If they do not have the correct surname, I am asking for more information from them and informing them that they must agree to opt in to sharing and provide limited access to the project admin. To date, no one ever responds to the request for more information. Does this reply request function work?
Old 14th July 2018, 01:52 PM
R-BY39877

Have you tried entering a test join request and then responded in that manner to see what happens?
Old 15th July 2018, 11:10 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Barrett View Post
Have you tried entering a test join request and then responded in that manner to see what happens?
I used one of my other accounts and requested to join. Then as admin, I did a reply ask for more information from myself. This email did get through to me, so I guess these people are not wanting to agree to opt in to sharing or to provide limited access to their account.
I suppose that there is still a possibility that their email client is marking these emails as SPAM. I'm not even getting a response to the simple question, "which DNA tests have you taken?"
Old 16th July 2018, 06:39 AM
R-BY39877

You have their name and email address from their join request. Have you tried sending them an email asking if there is something you can do to help?