Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Grumbles & Gripes

Grumbles & Gripes This is a place for free and open grumbling, griping, and venting about anything and everything about DNA, companies, and genealogy that irks you. You may even come here to complain about the Forums and how they are run.

Old 25th April 2017, 07:39 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuelita View Post
Oh dear. I got 731 results a week ago.
It's disappointing. I sent a message last week and this week to query it but had no reply.
Old 25th April 2017, 09:01 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
It's disappointing. I sent a message last week and this week to query it but had no reply.
I too kept getting delayed and sent an email to customer support to ask about it. I am batch 724 and submitted my sample in February 2017; it's now April. I was told my sample "failed in its first round of testing to meet our strict quality control standards." I was told it was retesting and to expect my results in another 2-3 weeks. I'm hoping I don't have to resubmit it.
Old 25th April 2017, 10:25 AM
FTDNA Customer

Well, Batch 743 has an ETA of June 5 - June 19.
Old 25th April 2017, 07:34 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceuher View Post
I too kept getting delayed and sent an email to customer support to ask about it. I am batch 724 and submitted my sample in February 2017; it's now April. I was told my sample "failed in its first round of testing to meet our strict quality control standards." I was told it was retesting and to expect my results in another 2-3 weeks. I'm hoping I don't have to resubmit it.
That's very disappointing. I submitted in Feb (from outside US) but it took a while to get batched. Did they keep updating your estimated results date during the process? Mine is stuck on April 19th (which was the latest expected results date since it was batched). Still waiting for customer service to get back to me as to what's happening, I'd just like to be kept in the loop.
Hope yours goes through this round
Old 25th April 2017, 08:00 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
That's very disappointing. I submitted in Feb (from outside US) but it took a while to get batched. Did they keep updating your estimated results date during the process? Mine is stuck on April 19th (which was the latest expected results date since it was batched). Still waiting for customer service to get back to me as to what's happening, I'd just like to be kept in the loop.
Yes, my projection date is updated on each delay. I'm being told May 1 - 15 for the latest. Customer service did get back with me again. I asked them if I need to be concerned about the first test failing and they stated that the second test usually does the trick. I have to say that for me, customer service has been very helpful.
Old 25th April 2017, 08:23 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceuher View Post
Yes, my projection date is updated on each delay. I'm being told May 1 - 15 for the latest. Customer service did get back with me again. I asked them if I need to be concerned about the first test failing and they stated that the second test usually does the trick. I have to say that for me, customer service has been very helpful.
That's good to hear. I do wonder if there's a technical glitch with mine then. CS has certainly been helpful in the past so hopefully this is all sorted soon for us all.
Old 28th April 2017, 06:44 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
My latest date was the 19th also, Nefertari, and I haven't heard anything either. I am worried because my dad passed away on the 11th so I can't get a new sample.
Old 28th April 2017, 06:57 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheal View Post
My latest date was the 19th also, Nefertari, and I haven't heard anything either. I am worried because my dad passed away on the 11th so I can't get a new sample.
My condolences for your loss I'm certain there are just delays they're not advertising.

I managed to get in touch with the CS team but the response I got just said that the tests take 6-7 weeks to run and should be completed in a week or two.
I did ask about the expected date which was given as the 19th of April and why it hasn't updated but haven't heard back yet. It's not a problem if there are delays but I'd like to see that communicated and/or reflected in the expected date on my account which still lists the 19th - just so I'm kept in the loop.

Last edited by Nefertari; 28th April 2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 29th April 2017, 09:46 AM
FTDNA Customer

I agree. I think they run the batches, and when one has to be rerun, it gets put aside and sometimes forgotten.