Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Universal Lineage Testing (Autosomal DNA) > Family Finder Basics

Old 21st April 2017, 09:27 PM
FTDNA Customer

You are quoting someone's method, but not evidence that there is actually something happening that needs to be corrected. I'm asking what is the evidence that matches involving SNP-poor but also recombination-poor regions are inherently too risky to treat as real.
Old 21st April 2017, 09:43 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McCoy View Post
You are quoting someone's method, but not evidence that there is actually something happening that needs to be corrected. I'm asking what is the evidence that matches involving SNP-poor but also recombination-poor regions are inherently too risky to treat as real.
Good point. I find a lot of bad assumptions in genetic genealogy which are backed only by previous bad assumptions.

Jack Wyatt
Old 23rd April 2017, 11:40 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McCoy View Post
I never said that it is inherently too risky to treat as real. I just said it COULD be and I think I've provided ample evidence as to why. Three different sources, one from FTDNA itself, confirming what I said but you just keep ignoring them like I didn't post them, and now you're ignoring my request for you to post evidence to the contrary. Not my problem if you can't accept what is staring you in the face.