Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Group Administrators Forums > Group Administrators - Advanced Chat

Group Administrators - Advanced Chat Discussion forum for Project Group Administrators. Exchange experiences, ideas and interpretation of results.

Old 8th August 2015, 09:57 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travers View Post
There is a blog post on this issue here:
http://dna-explained.com/2015/07/27/...vacy-settings/

To simply make a major change 3 or 4 months ago and not notifying anyone of that change was wrong.
Unfortunately this happens a lot.
Admins need to be advised when changes are made to the functionality.
Not all admins read this forum.
The Aministrator Newsletters would be a good thing, but unfortunately they have been sporadic.
Old 27th April 2017, 05:41 PM
FTDNA Customer

Full permission? I'm confused how to set mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerAdm View Post
Donald,

FTDNA now has the default for privacy settings so the results will NOT show on the public website. This is what I am seeing on all new test results. The member has to log into their kit and go to privacy settings and change the second option from what it currently shows as Members only to making both mtDNA and Y-DNA public. It is really aggravating when someone tests in your group and then you have to write them and give them detailed instructions on how to make the changes. More wasted time for us admins. I have been working up some boiler plate verbage to use. A group admin can not make the changes--only the member.

Another default is that the profile is set at private so again, nothing shows when someone clicks on their matches.
AHA. This is the crux of my current problem or situation. I want to allow full access to the project administrator for my kit. And I cannot figure out how to change the settings. I thought the GREEN CHECKS meant ALLOW, and the RED X meant DO NOT ALLOW. There is no clue to inform me what they really mean to my permissions.