• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richjh
    FTDNA Customer
    • Apr 2015

Where to start with my group administrator account

I have slowly ordered 13 kits for my family and cousins. I have hated loading and closing each kit. As far as I have gotten is just adding my group administrator account, no further. Can someone tell me the best way to setup my group administrator account? I am able to launch the account. I have not gone further. If you have links to good tutorials that you think would benefit me.
    I have MS and I have cognitive problems. I got into this to help keep me sharp. If I can get the info into my long term memory I can retain it.
    Rich
  • mattn
    FTDNA Customer
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by richjh View Post
    I have slowly ordered 13 kits for my family and cousins. I have hated loading and closing each kit. As far as I have gotten is just adding my group administrator account, no further. Can someone tell me the best way to setup my group administrator account? I am able to launch the account. I have not gone further. If you have links to good tutorials that you think would benefit me.
    I have MS and I have cognitive problems. I got into this to help keep me sharp. If I can get the info into my long term memory I can retain it.
    Rich
    Looks like you have made a thread on this before. You received replies including from myself, did you try this?

Comment

• loobster
      FTDNA Customer
      • Feb 2012

In the GAP Project Administration tab select "Project Profile.
      Look down and find where it says "Returning Join Link"

I suggest - copy and past that "Returning Join Link" into either a word-document or a draft e-mail, so you can easily find it.
      Log out of your GAP Account.
      Copy the "Returning Join Link" and paste it into the URL, and click.
      Then click on the Join Button.
      [if there is no Join Button, you probably did like I did at first, and copied the wrong link - so read carefully and try again to copy the link next to "Returning Join Link"]

Then log out of that FTDNA Account and do again with another of the accounts.

And so on, till all are done.

I always have my account set so Approval is not needed - since folks only get an invite if I send it. But if your Account is set so Approval is needed, then after you return to your GAP account, approve them.

Comment

Working...
      X