Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Paternal Lineages (Y-DNA) > Paternal Lineage (Y-DNA STR) Advanced

Paternal Lineage (Y-DNA STR) Advanced Users can exchange information here on Y-DNA testing, results, and questions.

Old 19th January 2018, 02:46 AM
FTDNA Customer

Cool M269/M343 Backbone Pack

Hello everyone!
new here and received my Y37 test recently with a supposed R-M269 Group. So I decided to go for the Backbone Pack for $99.
I wrote several times to FTDNA staff but the replies are lacking. How many days should I expect to wait to get the results? I see on the order page that they have batched the order so I suppose they are proceeding, but how long would it take approx?
Anyone did it before?

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th January 2018, 05:20 AM
FTDNA Customer

Login.

Open your order history.

Look at the line directly below Order history for status of pending test. select the end of the line, should be blue.

It should be 6 to 8 weeks after batching.
Old 19th January 2018, 06:53 AM
FTDNA Customer

6 to 8 weeks? really?
Well, to be honest they should improve a little bit on the info and the customer service.... Can't be that you lack such kind of info or service when paying such amount of money
thanks for the reply
Old 20th January 2018, 07:42 AM
R-BY39877

My last SNP pack took about a month.
Old 22nd January 2018, 01:20 PM
FTDNA Customer

Expect Longer

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_Trag View Post
6 to 8 weeks? really?
Well, to be honest they should improve a little bit on the info and the customer service.... Can't be that you lack such kind of info or service when paying such amount of money
thanks for the reply
they batch mine 805 the first of November it is on it's second delay and I expect it will delay again worst customer service I have every came across
Old 23rd January 2018, 05:21 AM
R-BY39877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JComer View Post
they batch mine 805 the first of November it is on it's second delay and I expect it will delay again worst customer service I have every came across
Maybe it is the worse DNA sample they ever saw.
Old 23rd January 2018, 03:19 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Barrett View Post
Maybe it is the worse DNA sample they ever saw.
I often wonder how old sample is for people who results keep getting delayed.

I personally would request a new sample kit before running any tests on any sample that is over a couple years old if test taker is still available to submit new sample. Especially on YDNA SNP and mtDNA testing which has a stricter no call allowance.

DNA degrades over time, which causes it to not meet quality control due to many no calls in results
Old 23rd January 2018, 04:19 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairielad View Post
I was concerned about just following the directions properly and I believe my concerns were justified.

My Uncle failed an Ancestry spit test. TWICE!

His Y tests here are coming along just fine (please don't let this comment jinx me!)

His mtDNA test here has been delayed, and I take it as they're re-running the test because not only does he have issues spitting, but he might have issues swabbing too.

To make up for this, I already ordered my Mother's Family Finder test. If my Uncle's test has issues for lack of DNA then I'll just order the mtDNA and get the results from her.

She might have issues following the directions properly too though. I was on the phone when she was doing the spit test, and I'm not so certain she did it right. She *thinks* she did though.

For the spit test, they want fresh saliva (not food, water, denture crème, etc.) and it has to be up to the line; and for the swab test, I think they want cells (not saliva, food, water or denture crème, etc.) and they need enough of those cells, not some miniscule amount. The swabs are kind of scratchy, so maybe some aren't swabbing long enough, and in turn, not enough DNA.

That's just my take on it.
Old 24th January 2018, 08:03 AM
FTDNA Customer

Family Tree DNA hire this guy for customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairielad View Post

I personally would request a new sample kit before running any tests on any sample that is over a couple years old if test taker is still available to submit new sample. Especially on YDNA SNP and mtDNA testing which has a stricter no call allowance.

DNA degrades over time, which causes it to not meet quality control due to many no calls in results
That is perfectly understandable wonder why Family Tree DNA doesn't let it's customers know about this???? instead of waiting month's with no response?????