Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Paternal Lineages (Y-DNA) > Paternal Lineage (Y-DNA STR) Advanced

Paternal Lineage (Y-DNA STR) Advanced Users can exchange information here on Y-DNA testing, results, and questions.

Old 13th February 2018, 08:11 PM
FTDNA Customer

Hi McG, glad you've found the app useful. If I understand you correctly, you are talking about an app that would predict haplotype from STRs. Of course, FTDNA does that to some extent already, but maybe not down to the R-M222 level. I haven't checked them out, but I think there are already some independent apps that do that: https://isogg.org/wiki/Y-DNA_tools
Old 25th February 2018, 11:53 AM
FTDNA Customer

Thumbs,
Thanks for the answer. I am checking out those other resources.

I have another issue. We have a new kit on the McGill project (IN13215) that your app is not including in the results. I tried both as admin with cvs and as regular user.

This is the first kit number that I've seen that is two letters followed by numbers. Could this be a parsing error? Or is it because it is a new kit?
Old 27th February 2018, 08:22 AM
FTDNA Customer

It was probably because the kit number has 2 letters to start. I tweaked the code so it should now recognize that as a legit kit number. Let me know if it works. BTW, what company did the kit come from?

Last edited by TwiddlingThumbs; 27th February 2018 at 08:38 AM.
Old 27th February 2018, 07:43 PM
FTDNA Customer

That works great for the .csv generated from admin account. But it doesn't work for using the url method.

The kit was from familytreedna. The tester lives in Northern Ireland, so I think the IN either stands for International or Ireland Northern.
Old 28th February 2018, 03:12 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgill View Post
I think the IN either stands for International or Ireland Northern.
International. See #5 in the recent thread http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...ht=Kit+numbers
Old 28th February 2018, 08:20 AM
FTDNA Customer

Thanks, Fern. Good to know.
Old 28th February 2018, 08:23 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgill View Post
That works great for the .csv generated from admin account. But it doesn't work for using the url method.
I suspect that's a different issue. The fix should have worked for both csv and url methods. If a kit's privacy settings are set so that the kit's data is only viewable by project members, then the url method won't be able to see it and capture its data (regardless of what kind of kit number it has). My guess is that that is the issue for the url method in this case.