Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Features Requests & Bug Reports Area

Features Requests & Bug Reports Area This forum is for customers to talk about features they would like to see. It may also be used to report potential website issues and account bugs, though you may get faster service by sending those through the Open a Request feature found in the Customer Service link at the top of the forum page.

Old 18th March 2017, 05:45 PM
FTDNA Customer

Why is it taking FOREVER to delete my gedcom file?

I posted a gedcom file to my husband's account. He recently got his FF and y67 results in.
Unfortunately, it is a horrible file because I exported it out of my desktop program with a filter on all the "living" profiles to just say "living". Of course, I wasn't even able to determine which guy was my husband..... and I needed to delete the file. So, I did use the "delete" option....and so far....it's been "processing" (the deletion) for FOUR HOURS. (It might have taken 10 minutes to upload). Is this NORMAL???? How long should I expect it to take? I kind of hoped to be able to upload a replacement....but this is ridiculous. Help....
Old 18th March 2017, 06:01 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeka24 View Post
I posted a gedcom file to my husband's account. He recently got his FF and y67 results in.
Unfortunately, it is a horrible file because I exported it out of my desktop program with a filter on all the "living" profiles to just say "living". Of course, I wasn't even able to determine which guy was my husband..... and I needed to delete the file. So, I did use the "delete" option....and so far....it's been "processing" (the deletion) for FOUR HOURS. (It might have taken 10 minutes to upload). Is this NORMAL???? How long should I expect it to take? I kind of hoped to be able to upload a replacement....but this is ridiculous. Help....
It shouldn't take that long. Can't you just upload the new file? It should overwrite the old one, no need to delete anything.
Old 18th March 2017, 06:50 PM
FTDNA Customer

OK, I took your suggestion and tried to do that....and it's doing the same thing. Taking forever to process. How do I get that bloated useless file gone?
Old 18th March 2017, 11:16 PM
FTDNA Customer

I had to spend a lot of time (finallY) just deleting every branch and/or person off my tree. FTDNA couldn't not delete the whole file without timing out. SUPER LAME!!!!!!! So not happy with how long it takes to get what should be easy stuff done on this website. Grrrrr. Crappy saturday. Thanks FTDNA.