• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flanged
    FTDNA Customer
    • May 2009

Project landing page (bump)

Bumping this issue as it has not been resolved yet.

The project landing page is currently the Activity Feed.
    We want the landing page to be the original project main page (which is currently found under About->Background).
    Currently the only way to achieve our goal is to disable the Activity Feed, but that is not desirable.

FTDNA should provide a switch so that the admin can specify the default project landing page.

Further to this...
    The 4 editable web pages that have hardwired names - Background, News, Goals, Results.
    These names are a relict of the past, and are very clunky. (Imagine trying to explain these names to neophyte members!)
    FTDNA should make these 4 web page names configurable.
    (As we say in the trade, this is simply a matter of programming)
    If that is too hard, then hardwire them as Main, Page1, Page2, Page3.
    Either way, please don't forget to provide re-directs for the old URLs.

Comment

• flanged
      FTDNA Customer
      • May 2009

Originally posted by dna View Post
      Maybe the administrators of the Polish project could share with us how they did that :-)

When entering https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/polish/ one gets to https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/polish/about while https://www.familytreedna.com/groups.../activity-feed is still operational.

W. (Mr.)
      Contacted the admin at Polish project and awaiting his reply.
      Shame that admins have to jump so many hoops to get answers that should be provided by the helpdesk.

Comment

• flanged
        FTDNA Customer
        • May 2009

Got some feedback from the Polish project.

The landing page depends on whether one is logged in to FTDNA or not...
        If logged in, one lands on Activity Feed.
        If not logged in, one lands on AboutUs->Overview.

We would still prefer that visitors would land on AboutUs->Background.

For now I have put a message in Overview to tell visitors to proceed on to the Background page.
        Unfortunately there are no font effects for Overview so I can't make that message large colourful and bold.

And unfortunately the currently hardwired webpage names (Background, Goals, News, Results) mean nothing to visitors (or to anyone uninitiated in the arcana).

Comment

• flanged
          FTDNA Customer
          • May 2009

Originally posted by flanged View Post
          Bumping this issue as it has not been resolved yet.

The project landing page is currently the Activity Feed.
          We want the landing page to be the original project main page (which is currently found under About->Background).
          Currently the only way to achieve our goal is to disable the Activity Feed, but that is not desirable.

FTDNA should provide a switch so that the admin can specify the default project landing page.

bump
          Further to this...
          The 4 editable web pages that have hardwired names - Background, News, Goals, Results.
          These names are a relict of the past, and are very clunky. (Imagine trying to explain these names to neophyte members!)
          FTDNA should make these 4 web page names configurable.
          (As we say in the trade, this is simply a matter of programming)
          If that is too hard, then hardwire them as Main, Page1, Page2, Page3.
          Either way, please don't forget to provide re-directs for the old URLs.

Comment

• oma04
            mtdna X2d, ydna I-M253
            • Oct 2014

Problem with editing MyGroups pages

I have attempted to upload a new banner picture with added text, but after 60 mins, the old banner still is on the site.
            Does someone at FTDNA have to approve an uploaded image?

Curry

Comment

• oma04
              mtdna X2d, ydna I-M253
              • Oct 2014

Option for Patriarchs on MyGroup site

The Stevenson project has been on MyGroups since last year. I had hoped that I would see additional tabs under About that could be used to post Patriarchs. However I still must use the LINK option to the World Families site in order to provide the List of Patriarchs on members in the project who choose to provide it. I personally feel that this list is a drawing card to someone who might consider testing if they saw a possible link to their family line.

Have any of you found a way other than providing a link to display Patriarchs?

Comment

• rivergirl
                FTDNA Customer
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by oma04 View Post
                The Stevenson project has been on MyGroups since last year. I had hoped that I would see additional tabs under About that could be used to post Patriarchs. However I still must use the LINK option to the World Families site in order to provide the List of Patriarchs on members in the project who choose to provide it. I personally feel that this list is a drawing card to someone who might consider testing if they saw a possible link to their family line.

Have any of you found a way other than providing a link to display Patriarchs?
                Some of the projects I am in list the groups and members lineages in the "Results" page of the "About" section.

Comment

• peterdrh
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Aug 2014

Safari on iPad was the problem

Originally posted by peterdrh View Post
                  I Can't post to Activity Feed in MyGroup and the links I created are gone. I reported this to Customer Support 3-4 weeks ago and still unfixed.this makes the site useless other than to view the data. Also can no longer post coupons.
                  I discovered that if I logged in using a different browser like Chrome that the quoted problem disappeared. Other Administrators may want to let their members know this via a pinned post on your project activity feed.

Comment

Working...
                  X