Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Grumbles & Gripes

Grumbles & Gripes This is a place for free and open grumbling, griping, and venting about anything and everything about DNA, companies, and genealogy that irks you. You may even come here to complain about the Forums and how they are run.

Old 21st September 2017, 05:47 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanecash View Post
I didn't mean to be negative towards family tree. I know its a process you cant really rush and on top of being hit by a hurricane its surprising that they are working as fast as they are. My first test came back in 11 days. Way before the expected date. I'v just waited 32 years for this result. They also don't want to talk to me until the test comes back, so very anxious.
I know I paid for my dad's Y, full-mtdna etc., and for my mom's tests and my dad passed away before I got most of the results back. It was heartbreaking that I didn't get to tell him everything I found out. After he was gone I decided to go ahead and order the bigY.

Now I am waiting for my own results and it seems like it is taking forever. I just keep telling myself to be patient, and didn't mean to imply that you were not also anxious or impatient.
Old 22nd September 2017, 11:18 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheal View Post
I know I paid for my dad's Y, full-mtdna etc., and for my mom's tests and my dad passed away before I got most of the results back. It was heartbreaking that I didn't get to tell him everything I found out. After he was gone I decided to go ahead and order the bigY.

Now I am waiting for my own results and it seems like it is taking forever. I just keep telling myself to be patient, and didn't mean to imply that you were not also anxious or impatient.
Sorry to hear about your father. At least its a way to connect and remember him even though he is gone.

Very anxious indeed. If its what I suspect I have 2 siblings.
Old 22nd September 2017, 02:32 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFinneyKid View Post
This is a FF test on a kit previously submitted for Y-DNA only.
Can't remember if this is the 3rd delay or the 4th -- just know the target keeps moving. Makes me wonder if they really can do additional testing after samples have been in storage for a while...[/I][/B]

I did a Y-DNA test back in 2009, and ordered the Family Finder late last year... didn't have any problems at all, it took about a month.
Old 23rd September 2017, 06:12 PM
FTDNA Customer

Batched some time ago, but... Butch 786:

FamilyFinder 786 10/16/2017 - 10/30/2017