• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjaMahé
    FTDNA Customer
    • Nov 2013

mtADN résultats et absent(e)s.

Bonjour.

Il est bien dommage que certaines adresses email des résultats mtADN s'avèrent obsolètes. Certaines personnes ont certainement des choses à se dire. Leurs résultats sont encore en ligne, mais la communication est bloquée. Soyez honnêtes et responsables et donnez signe de vie.
  • hansonrf
    FTDNA Customer
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by mjaMahé View Post
    Bonjour.

Il est bien dommage que certaines adresses email des résultats mtADN s'avèrent obsolètes. Certaines personnes ont certainement des choses à se dire. Leurs résultats sont encore en ligne, mais la communication est bloquée. Soyez honnêtes et responsables et donnez signe de vie.
    You bring up a good point; actually several good points...

FTDNA has been in existence for ~15 years. Some of the original customers may no longer be active users (or even alive). Unless a match is also active on the Forums we cannot tell when they last logged in. I presume FTDNA can tell. Knowing they haven't logged in for 10 years might make us less annoyed that they haven't responded...

It also demonstrates the need for a "beneficiary" or "backup" to be assigned so legacy users' DNA/data can remain useful when they themselves are no longer interested or able. If something were to happen to me, for instance, I don't think anyone in my family would have the knowledge, skills or interest in responding to a match contact... I might be best turning everything over to a 'project' or volunteer group who would keep my data 'useful'. I do kits for others in my family that would likewise get ignored...

Would FTDNA even know or ask?

Comment

• Littlest bit
      mtDNA: J1c3i
      • Feb 2012

I ran into this problem. My grandfather's only match at 12 markers, despite being R-L21, seems to have passed away in 2010. I researched him after he did not respond to several emails. He's a surname match and I've wondered if I could pay to have him tested to 37 markers. As a side note, my grandfather's dad was an orphan but I have records from the time when he was orphaned showing his last name as being the same as the 12 marker match.

Comment

• mjaMahé
        FTDNA Customer
        • Nov 2013

Bonjour.

Merci de vos réponses. Je vois que je ne suis pas le seul dans ce cas.

C'est toujours ennuyeux quand les affaires sont sérieuses de louper un contact qui pourrait être vital pour sa famille.

Dans mon cas personnel, je cherche à joindre monsieur James Lee Kitchen, toujours présent sur mes mtDNA matchs HVR1, mais dont l'adresse mail [email protected] est obsolète.

La raison est qu'il y a sur son arbre un nom de famille que je connais très bien et qui est géographiquement implanté en France, dont une personne de ce nom fût l'un de mes meilleurs ami.

Alors monsieur James Lee Kitchen, si vous êtes toujours sur FTDNA et si vous lisez ce message, prière de me contacter!

Comment

• Time Traveler
          FTDNA Customer
          • Apr 2009

Translation by Bing

Thank you for your answers. I see that I am not alone in this case.

It is always annoying when the cases are serious miss a contact that could be vital to his family.

In my personal case, I'm looking to join Mr James Lee Kitchen, always present on my mtDNA HVR1 matches, but whose address mail [email protected] is obsolete.

The reason is that there is a family name that I know very well on his shaft and which is geographically located in France, a person of this name was one of my best friend.

Then Mr James Lee Kitchen, if you're still on FTDNA and if you read this message, please contact me!

Comment

• KATM
            mtDNA: K1a3 / YDNA: R-FGC46377
            • Nov 2012

Thank you for the translation, Time Traveler. One little nit to pick with Bing's translation: "arbre" is more likely to be defined as "tree" (as in family tree) in this case. "Shaft" is the translation for the technical definition of arbre, according to my Harper Collins French Concise dictionary.

I hope your translation helps mjaMahé find Mr. Kitchen, or vice versa.

Comment

• JohnG
              mtDNA: H5a1c1a | Y-DNA: R-P312 DF27
              • May 2010

Google James Lee Kitchen, ignore the kitchen designer named James Lee, and there are two references.

Obituary for one in Texas, born 1947, died 2009

Geni reference for one in Idaho, record updated 2011

These do not seem to be the same. The obituary lists two daughters, Geni two daughters and a son.

Googling the email address seems to indicate it is the gentleman from Idaho and the address is active on genealogy forums and Pinterest in his wife's name. Geni gives a way to message a person.

These might lead to connection to him or to his family. He is in the Idaho white pages.

Comment

• mjaMahé
                FTDNA Customer
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                Google James Lee Kitchen, ignore the kitchen designer named James Lee, and there are two references.

Obituary for one in Texas, born 1947, died 2009

Geni reference for one in Idaho, record updated 2011

These do not seem to be the same. The obituary lists two daughters, Geni two daughters and a son.

Googling the email address seems to indicate it is the gentleman from Idaho and the address is active on genealogy forums and Pinterest in his wife's name. Geni gives a way to message a person.

These might lead to connection to him or to his family. He is in the Idaho white pages.
                Bonjour.

Merci de vos renseignements. Il s'agit en réalité de monsieur James Lee Kitchen présent sur Geni. J'ai vérifié par rapport à la photo et aux noms de son ascendance. Avant de tester l'accès d'essai à Geni, j'ai essayé Intelius pour avoir les adresse email. mais ce site refuse l'accès en dehors des USA. Espérant que l'accès d'essai de Geni permette l'utilisation des adresse email?

Cordialement.

Comment

• mjaMahé
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by KATM View Post
                  Thank you for the translation, Time Traveler. One little nit to pick with Bing's translation: "arbre" is more likely to be defined as "tree" (as in family tree) in this case. "Shaft" is the translation for the technical definition of arbre, according to my Harper Collins French Concise dictionary.

I hope your translation helps mjaMahé find Mr. Kitchen, or vice versa.
                  Bonjour.

Quelle est la différence entre "tree" et "shaft"?

Cordialement.

Comment

• JohnG
                    mtDNA: H5a1c1a | Y-DNA: R-P312 DF27
                    • May 2010

Shaft in English refers to a long straight object, holding something, rotating in machinery. To talk about the shaft of a living tree would be a metaphor.

Arbre en anglais se réfère à un objet long droite, tenant quelque chose, tournant dans les machines. Pour parler de l'arbre d'un arbre vivant serait une métaphore.

shaft-noun
                    arbre tree, shaft
                    puits well, shaft, oiler, hole
                    le hampe shaft, stem
                    le manche handle, sleeve, shaft, arm, panhandle, crop
                    le tuyau pipe, hose, hosepipe, conduit, vent, shaft
                    le fût barrel, shaft, bole, trunk, stock, cask
                    la diaphyse shaft
                    le brancard stretcher, shaft, barrow, hand-barrow
                    le rayon radius, ray, beam, range, spoke, shaft
                    le trait line, trait, feature, stroke, trace, shaft
                    la cage cage, shaft, cot, crib, nick, well
                    shaft-verb
                    diriger avec un fût

Comment

• Rebekah Canada
                      Q-M242 Project Administrator
                      • Jun 2006

Hey gang... Please stay on topic. :-) French is fun, but I can get in trouble if I let y'all ramble too much....

Comment

• Bartot
                        FTDNA Customer
                        • Jul 2012

Write in Occitan sometimes...I then have a chance

Comment

Working...
                        X