Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > General Interest > The Genographic Project

The Genographic Project Do you have results from Genographic? Are you considering testing with them? This board is open to customers and visitors.

Old 1st April 2016, 02:37 PM
FTDNA Customer

how long "Quality control phase" take these days

my sample is enter into quality control since march 10 and still at this step despite the notice in my account said that i will get my result "very soon ".I send an email to them and on march 22 they respond to my email that they are actually doing the update of their Y-DNA tree and this is the reason of the delay of my results but I do not understand the connection between my result and the update of their Y-DNA tree unless the whole team are busy with this task. so how long did everyone's "Quality Control" phase take in these days?
Old 25th May 2016, 12:57 PM

They have delayed your results because people that received results in January, and even possibly earlier, were given incorrect results. If I were you I'd be patient. Better to get no results, than have the wrong results for 4 or 5 months!
Old 7th March 2017, 02:21 PM
FTDNA Customer

I guess I never thought about there being a quality control with these dna companies - maybe that is why I got mine back from Ancestry so quick -