X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    FTDNA Customer
    • Nov 2017

Big Y match variant results pages not displaing

With our premier suite of DNA tests and the world’s most comprehensive matching database...your DNA has met its match!

This page shows Shared Variants in third column.
    The references are clickable and if clicked any of them brings up a pop-up page headed by "Shared Variants with ....." but no data appears
    Why is this ?

Comment

• dtvmcdonald
      mtDNA: | Big Y Pending
      • Mar 2011

They appear to be outright rejecting BAM file requests. I assumed that if I requested them now they would store them up
      for when they started work on them.

That's not how I read their reply.

Up to 98% done on the 38 redos. They are appearing.

Comment

• spruithean
        FTDNA Customer
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
        They appear to be outright rejecting BAM file requests. I assumed that if I requested them now they would store them up
        for when they started work on them.

That's not how I read their reply.

Up to 98% done on the 38 redos. They are appearing.
        So is it looking like eventually the August backlog will give way and the orders after the August sale will begin to be processed?

Comment

• JSW
          FTDNA Customer
          • Apr 2003

In the Walden project we are still missing 2 reprocessed older Big-Y results. And one of them is mine.
          Maybe by next year?

Comment

• dtvmcdonald
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by spruithean View Post
            So is it looking like eventually the August backlog will give way and the orders after the August sale will begin to be processed?
            New results are arriving. I'm unable to tell if any of mine
            ordered after August have arrived. However, I can say that
            of 30 pending on Oct 10th when the redo started, 17 have
            arrived.

Interestingly the last R1a redo I'm awaiting is the largest
            BigY BAM I've ever seen, almost 3 gigabytes. Maybe their computer didn't like gigantic files. Its the only one over
            2^31 bytes long.

My own modest (6x) coverage full (autosomal+X+Y) BAM is over 32 gigabytes (Not Full Genomes).

Comment

• The_Contemplator
              FTDNA Customer
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by 371016 View Post
              https://www.familytreedna.com/my/big-y
              This page shows Shared Variants in third column.
              The references are clickable and if clicked any of them brings up a pop-up page headed by "Shared Variants with ....." but no data appears
              Why is this ?
              The data is a long list of variants. The system probably hangs while trying to show the list. Even if it showed you the list, it is hard to work with as it gives too much information. If it shown the unnamed variants that are shared like in the old version of the Big Y pages, it would have been easier to use.

Comment

• joclarida
                FTDNA Customer
                • Jun 2015

Still haven't gotten my dad's Big Y HG38 results

My dad's original Big Y test was calculated in late 2014 but since the HG38 redo, to date he has no matches and no data shown. I recently had another member of one of the YDNA groups I belong to mention that my dad shows up in his Big Y match list. He is a new tester to Big Y. I opened a ticket with FTDNA 2 weeks ago and updated it a couple of days ago and am still getting a generic reply, paraphrased here as "Our IT department is looking into this and has no idea of when this will be fixed for you." Does anyone have any idea of how big a boat we're in? In other words, I read that the percentage with no returns has dwindled- any idea of the percentage now and what quantity does that translate to? Any thoughts of how my late father's results appear on someone else's list (and I have a screenshot of it) and yet there are no results on his own page?

Comment

• JSW
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Apr 2003

RE "Any thoughts of how my late father's results appear on someone else's list "

I saw that happen to me earlier and then the match went away
                  I suspect that FTDNA still has 10% of the Big-Y Kits to do.
                  I am awaiting 2 from my groups.

Comment

• Oscar
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Mar 2014

Big Y conversion to hg38

Are conversion to hg38 results of old Big Y tests still being received?
                    Any word on why the delay? An y word on when the remaining results may be received? My group is about 85% complete.

Comment

• dtvmcdonald
                      • Mar 2011

They are arriving at a constant but glacial rate. Two arrived
                      this morning. My project is up to 53/54 in R1a and 149/154
                      in R1b. All tiny haplogroups (E(1), I(5), and N(1)) are in.

The missing one in R1a is the one they must have run three times, right at the beginning of the BigY, as it has well over twice the usual coverage.
                      I got run twice and my redo arrived about the middle.

Of "new" orders pending on Oct. 10, 19/29 are in.

Comment

• dtvmcdonald
                        • Mar 2011

Current status of 37->38 redos: zero since 12/9/2017

status of new ones pending on Oct. 10: zero returned
                        since 12/9/2017

Status of action on contact requests to get locations
                        for BY SNPs numbered over 27,000: silence

Comment

• AngeliaR
                          mtDNA: H31a | Y-DNA: R-L21
                          • Apr 2006

Big Y updates

The smallish haplogroup project I help with still has 9 kits waiting for their BigY updates and 6 who ordered new in August that have not yet posted. That is out of 222 total as of October when this conversion process began.

No new results since 12/11.

The good news is that we have 13 (!!!) new BigY orders for this sale already and likely will have more before the sale is over.

AND 10 kits have upgraded to 111 markers so far.

As impatient as I am to see the data from upgrades and the August sale returned, there is still good news.

Angelia
                          Last edited by AngeliaR; 17 December 2017, 12:14 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• dtvmcdonald
                            • Mar 2011

Clan Donald BigY status: only one appeared since Dec.9.

And that one was a new project join who already had his redo redone when he joined.

Status on finding complete data for the BY SNPs not a Ybrowse: silence.

(I have gotten data for my own people's
                            BY26000+ SNPs by using their browser or looking at the Build
                            37 BAMs.)

Comment

• dtvmcdonald
                              • Mar 2011

I called ftdna today and learned that all my outstanding 37->38 redos were actually being rerun from scratch (i.e. back to the lab.) In one case (a guy in Scotland) they are awaiting a new sample.

The one from Scotland was the biggest BigY BAM I've seen ..
                              it has already been run two or three times. It looks perfectly normal.
                              Last edited by dtvmcdonald; 28 December 2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Michelstaedter
                                FTDNA Customer
                                • May 2017

Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
                                I called ftdna today and learned that all my outstanding 37->38 redos were actually being rerun from scratch (i.e. back to the lab.) In one case (a guy in Scotland) they are awaiting a new sample.

The one from Scotland was the biggest BigY BAM I've seen ..
                                it has already been run two or three times. It looks perfectly normal.
                                I know this goes completely against forum etiquette, but I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. Dr. Macdonald, I have sent you a number of private messages via the FTDNA forums and so far haven't received a response. I was wondering if you had indeed received these?

Most humble apologies for interrupting the thread.

I am J1e by the way!

Nick

Comment

Working...
                                X