• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taz85
    FTDNA Customer
    • Oct 2010

[QUOTE=AFH;430687]
    Originally posted by Taz85 View Post
    Brazil has the 2nd most of ethinic Italians on the planet. So a lot of your Southern Europe could be old Italian.[/QUOTE

There isn't any Asia minor in his results which is what one sees in Italian DNA results. The 2% north African is a clear indication of someone approximately 50% Portuguese. I'm willing to bet he has a large number of matches with people whose ancestry is 100% from the Azores islands(a region of Portugal).That is the primary Portuguese population that settled in southern Brazil. I don't know if he stated he was from the south but he genealogy 56% are an indication he is(likely from Santa Catarina, Rio Grande do Sul or Curitiba).
    So because myorigins doesn't show Anatolia, means he has no Italian admixture? Again Brazil has the highest population of ethnic Italians, other than Italy itself.

Rodolpho, try running Eurogenes K36 on gedmatch, and see what comes up.

Comment

• AFH
      FTDNA Customer
      • Oct 2014

[QUOTE=Taz85;430698]
      Originally posted by AFH View Post

So because myorigins doesn't show Anatolia, means he has no Italian admixture? Again Brazil has the highest population of ethnic Italians, other than Italy itself.

He might have some.

Eurogenes 36 picks up ancient 'Italian' ancestry it gives me 15% I have no Italian ancestry at least within the last 500 years and likely a minimal amount within the last 1,500 years. My Iberian portion is 30% with this calculator. I suspect my Italian percentage is the result of migrations from 2,500-3,000 years ago from North West Italy to the territory that is now Portugal possibly pushed out by the Etruscans or the Villanovan culture but I'm not sure I don't know Italian history well.

Comment

• Rodolpho
        FTDNA Customer
        • Mar 2016

Brazilians, Germans and Portuguese are diverse in looks.

Could you pass for an ethnic German though I don't think so.

You look Brazilian. Your physical features also could pass for a Portuguese guy but not your expression, totally Brazilian.
        I don't think I can pass for German either, but I don't see why would I look Brazilian if the only miscigenation I have is very small (2% Amerindian).

Comment

• Rodolpho
          FTDNA Customer
          • Mar 2016

[QUOTE=Taz85;430698]

I have no Italian ancestors dating back to the start of Italian immigration in Brazil. So if I had any Italian ancestry it would be remote.

Comment

• GarciMuñoz
            Batch 720 Big Fan
            • Feb 2017

Pink nipples

When i saw your photos i thought maybe you were from Chile or Argentina.
            Last edited by GarciMuñoz; 11 February 2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X