Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > General Interest > DNA and Genealogy for Beginners

DNA and Genealogy for Beginners Everything you wanted to know about DNA and Genealogy but didn't know where to ask. This board is open to customers and visitors.

Old 16th September 2017, 05:35 PM
FTDNA Customer

Error in family finder's family tree How do I fix it.

When I first made the account, I gave it my father's name but the person who was actually being tested on was my brother. So today I decided to put together what I have gathered from parents on ftdna's family tree. The thing is on my Dad's circle it shows 'Y dna' and 'Family finder' but those results belong to my brother and not my father. How do I fix it with out having to start all over?
Old 17th September 2017, 12:31 AM
FTDNA Customer

Log into the kit. Move the mouse over the kit number shown on the top right. Click on "My Profile" and go to "Contact Information". Change the name to who it was meant to be. Hit "Save" and you are done. It may take a few hours before the names update.