Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Features Requests & Bug Reports Area

Features Requests & Bug Reports Area This forum is for customers to talk about features they would like to see. It may also be used to report potential website issues and account bugs, though you may get faster service by sending those through the Open a Request feature found in the Customer Service link at the top of the forum page.

Old 26th November 2014, 02:46 PM
FTDNA Customer

Project donation and project fund payment not working

Just FYI, FTDNA's project payment system appears to be all goofed up and may not be fixed until Monday.

A project member agreed to a Big Y if I would contribute $100 (and a $50-off coupon) toward it. I placed the order for $475 via "pay later," and donated $100 toward my project; but:

- The $100 has not shown up in the project fund. FTDNA has to track down where the money went.

- The web site will not permit partial payment (only full payment) from a project fund. The FTDNA rep is unable to override this irrational restriction.

I called FTDNA this morning, and the rep promised to submit these problems to the appropriate people. But they haven't been fixed yet, and because FTDNA is on vacation Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, the issues will probably not be resolved until Monday.

The most distressing element of this is if the full-payment-only restriction is an actual new policy. It would mean that we have to provide project assistance in a different, much more unwieldy manner.
Old 26th November 2014, 06:52 PM
FTDNA Customer

A solution could be everybody donating to the project fund and then an administrator making the purchase, but since donations disappear before reaching the fund...

W.
Old 26th November 2014, 10:21 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
I called FTDNA this morning, and the rep promised to submit these problems to the appropriate people. But they haven't been fixed yet, and because FTDNA is on vacation Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, the issues will probably not be resolved until Monday.
FTDNA staff successfully found the $100.

The project member's account does not yet reflect the $100 payment, but I suspect it will by tomorrow or Friday.
Old 29th November 2014, 08:11 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
The project member's account does not yet reflect the $100 payment, but I suspect it will by tomorrow or Friday.
No, it doesn't. I will have to call FTDNA again on Monday.