• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bobby Ferguson
    FTDNA Customer
    • Aug 2016

YDNA

My male cousin, Mr. Carr, had his YDNA done for me so we can hopefully find where our family came from. He isn't into ancestry so I am trying to figure it out. His kit #(removed), Y37, and J-M172.

There is a group of J-M172 but he is listed under "ungrouped". What does this mean and why wasn't he put in J-M172. There are two family member in there. I don't understand. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Bobby Joyce
    Last edited by Darren; 2 May 2018, 11:59 PM. Reason: edited for privacy
  • Jim Barrett
    R-BY55907
    • Apr 2003

He will remain "Ungrouped" until the Project Admin groups him. Depending on the Admin he may stay ungrouped for days or weeks.

Comment

• KATM
      mtDNA: K1a3 / YDNA: R-FGC46377
      • Nov 2012

Bobby Joyce, FTDNA advises against posting kit numbers publicly, for privacy reasons. This is because it is part of the login identification, and is addressed in the FTDNA Forum FAQ, under Security. While it is phrased as the first bullet under "Community Members Shall Not", as "Share their login ID and Password," it applies to posting the information from others, as well.

Also, on the same page above, under "Communication," it says:
      Community members shall not:

Disclose the personal information of others, such as name and or e-mail addresses of your matches, without their written consent. Names, e-mail addresses, or other contact information of genetic or genealogical researchers or professionals is fine as this information would be publicly available.
      Perhaps you can contact FTDNA forum moderator Darren to see if the name and kit number of your cousin can be removed from your post.

Comment

• dna
        FTDNA Customer
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by KATM View Post
        [----] Perhaps you can contact FTDNA forum moderator Darren to see if the name and kit number of your cousin can be removed from your post.
        Additionally, if Mr. D. Carr lives in the European Union, he can request from Google that they remove a reference to him and his kit number from their database.

Mr. W.

Comment

Working...
        X