• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • penguin
    FTDNA Customer
    • Nov 2004

Y-25 kit from admin page?

hmm. When I go to my new project website, and click on "order now" there is an option for a Y with only 25 markers. That is exactly the kit I want for now (long story as to why). Except when I go from my admin page to buy a kit for that new membe - which is where I want to get it from with project funds - there is no option for 25 marker Y! Only the more expensive 37 marker which is 40 dollars more expensive. Is this a solvable problem? Was really hoping to order this kit today. Thanks if you know the solution.
  • travers
    FTDNA Customer
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by penguin View Post
    hmm. When I go to my new project website, and click on "order now" there is an option for a Y with only 25 markers. That is exactly the kit I want for now (long story as to why). Except when I go from my admin page to buy a kit for that new membe - which is where I want to get it from with project funds - there is no option for 25 marker Y! Only the more expensive 37 marker which is 40 dollars more expensive. Is this a solvable problem? Was really hoping to order this kit today. Thanks if you know the solution.
    Yes, I see what you're saying try this.

In GAP under 'Project Administration' tab click 'Project Profile'. Scroll down then next to 'Join Link' right-click to go to that link. Scroll down on that page and next to Y-DNA25 do the order now. That should add it to the cart Don't fill out anything on the order page but get back into GAP and under 'Project Administration' tab click 'New Member Order' see if the Y-DNA25 test is in your cart there and the "Bill Me Later' box is there. If so you can do the Bill Me Later and then pay with project funds after the order is completed. BTW I tried this quickly just to see if it would work and I can't remember if I was logged into GAP the whole time or not so play around with it if it doesn't work though it should.

Comment

• penguin
      FTDNA Customer
      • Nov 2004

This is a great idea- thanks much. I thought it was going to work - i even saw the "pay for it later" link but had to shut down my computer yesterday- so went back to recreate it today figuring would take 5 minutes - and now nothing! When I go to project profile as you suggest, there is no active link, just a url. (i don't remember if i did that yesteday) I have tried cutting and pasting that URL which it does let me do. But then i select the 25 marker test go back to my admin account, click on order new member kit, and the item i previously selected does not appear. I have no idea how i almost succeeded yesterday, but it clearly is not working now. i have also tried checking out from the page where i added the 25 marker kit, but there is no option for "pay later" (there was yesterday!). So i don't know what i did differently but today no luck. Also tried just going to ftdna projects, finding the project, and clicking on the order now (whilst still logged in as admin in another tab), but no luck there either. Will have to try again fresh later or tomorrow. This is getting frustrating.

Comment

• travers
        FTDNA Customer
        • Oct 2010

That's too bad it didn't work. I think it should though as long as you get the Y-DNA25 marker test in the cart on the project page outside of GAP. Then in GAP do the New Member Order. When the order page pops up in GAP make sure you click the "Proceed to checkout" button as the Bill Me Later box is on the next page. If you still can't get it to work I would think if you call FTDNA they might be able to help you.

Comment

• penguin
          FTDNA Customer
          • Nov 2004

Thanks. But when the order page turns up in GAP (after clicking new member order), it shows the total amount is 0. That is, nothing is in the cart. I have not tried proceed to checkout from that screen because nothing is in the cart. (and if i try proceed to checkout from the public project order now links, then there's not "bill me later". ) you may be right i might just have to sigh and try calling FTDNA. Not sure whyI dread that as last resort option.

Comment

• penguin
            FTDNA Customer
            • Nov 2004

Update: So I did finally call FTDNA. First attempt, I was on hold 11 minutes and hung up. But when i called back later, wait time only 5 minutes and the very knowledgable person just put the 25 marker Y kit into the cart of the project (after I read her the recipient mailing address over the phone). Then it was no problem of course using funds to pay for it. Still don't know why i almost succeeeded, but then not again, but anyway, person on phone didn't offer troubleshooting tips, she just said how about i put what you want in the cart, and I said 'great! Thanks much for your help on this.

Comment

• The_Contemplator
              FTDNA Customer
              • Jun 2015

You could try what I said in this other post.

Comment

Working...
              X