• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roykeys
    FTDNA Customer
    • Feb 2006

Matchmaker

If you wish to contact someone who is a member of the British Isles forum for comparison or discussion of DNA profiles, please use this thread. You do not need to be a member of the forum yourself. Just post your query in this thread, and address it to a specific member, identified by surname and/or kit number.

Good hunting.
  • dcb123
    • Apr 2006

Good move

This is an important move. Well done.

David
    Canada

FTdna 59278
    R1b1c*

Originally posted by roykeys
    If you wish to contact someone who is a member of the British Isles forum for comparison or discussion of DNA profiles, please use this thread. You do not need to be a member of the forum yourself. Just post your query in this thread, and address it to a specific member, identified by surname and/or kit number.

Good hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by dcb123

David
      Canada

FTdna 59278
      R1b1c*
      /signed

This should help quite a few of us. Greetings folks.

Comment

• Robert Chisholm

xxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by dcb123

David
          Canada

FTdna 59278
          R1b1c*
          I agree.
          David, I am also R1b1c, although Y-Search still says R1b1. I have the same results as yours except I never got results for S21 S26 S28 S29. Did you test with FTDNA?

Thanks,
          Dave
          New Zealand
          FTDNA 82038, Y-Search M4H58

Comment

• R2-D2
            FTDNA Customer
            • May 2006

Originally posted by DMiller
            I agree.
            David, I am also R1b1c, although Y-Search still says R1b1. I have the same results as yours except I never got results for S21 S26 S28 S29. Did you test with FTDNA?

Thanks,
            Dave
            New Zealand
            FTDNA 82038, Y-Search M4H58
            Those four markers that you mentioned are known as the S-Series and are currently only tested by EthnoAncestry. If you have had an R1b deep SNP test at FTDNA you can go to EthnoAncestry and order the R1b FT Upgrade to get the S-series. There is also a new marker known as S68 in addtion to the other four, that you would have to order as a Custom Select SNP. These SNPs define other subclades: R1b1c9, R1b1c9a, R1b1c9b, R1b1c10, and R1b1c11. They are also working on three other R1b SNPs that they were hoping to make available this summer.

Comment

• Kathleen Carrow
              mtDNA: J2b1a1(a) | Y-DNA: I2a1a | Horse Person
              • Apr 2006

I am mtDNA haplogroup J2.My ancestor on maternal line is Margaret Lynch Cork Ireland born in 1841.She is in US by 1860.
              I joined to British Isles 2

Comment

[QUOTE=R2-D2]Those four markers that you mentioned are known as the S-Series and are currently only tested by EthnoAncestry........

Thank you very much for clarifying that for me. Sorry to be so long in replying but I had given up checking back here for a while there.
                I'll check them out.
                Thanks again,
                Dave.

Comment

• R2-D2
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by DMiller
                  Thank you very much for clarifying that for me. Sorry to be so long in replying but I had given up checking back here for a while there.
                  I'll check them out.
                  Thanks again,
                  Dave.
                  I forgot about this forum for a while too. Those 3 additional SNPs that I mentioned won't be made available because they are in a region of the DNA that is difficult to sequence. FTDNA will soon be offering the SNPs for haplogroups 9 through 10. Some papers were published this year that had also discovered some of the SNPs but had different names for them. It will be interesting to see which names they use.

Comment

Thank you for opening this thread, and thank goodness I tried to read all of the various projects and stumbled across it. I've listed my story under the title "A great day for the Irish... er, Spanish,, mongul..." and I don't want to wear out my typing ability at this time, however, if there are Dineens, Dinneens or even O'Duinnans reading here give me a shout. I'll be checking in here, periodically and, in case you are interested, I am R1b1.

Tim

Comment

• Michele Bender

any clues or suggestions?

I have been pooring over the Internet to try and find as much information as I can about my father's DNA test results from FTDNA. I had him submit to the 67 markers plus the mtdna plus tests. We have had the results back now for a few weeks. FTDNA first stated his Haplogroup as Rib and now has modified it to R1b1b2 (formerly known as R1b1c). We can go back 4 generations. I have also joined in many surname/grouping projects through FTDNA such as British Isles, Scottish Clans, etc. It has been suggested to pay for additional testing of the SNP's of which I will pay for in the near future. Here are the marker results, as you will notice that for the 393=12, 389-1 = 13 and 389-2 = 30, these don't quite fit into any information online neatly. Dad's heritage is Scottish from Aberdeen, but his 2nd great-grandfather actually had a different surname because his parents never married and his mother was actually a widow and he assumed her married surname that all of his half-siblings had. This 2nd great-grandfather may have been actually Irish. I also have researched my family for years, so I know from his marriage record that his father died before 1863 as he listed him as deceased and then named him. Other than that we have no definite information on him only speculation as a man by this same name lived nearby with his own family and was from Ireland originally.

I have also done the Ysearch and the Mitosearch along with registering for the Genographic project.

His 67 markers:
                      393=12
                      390=24
                      394/19=14
                      391=11
                      385a=11
                      385b=14
                      426=12
                      388=12
                      439=11
                      389-1 =13
                      392=13
                      389-2 =30
                      458=17
                      459a=9
                      459b=10
                      455=11
                      454=11
                      447=25
                      437=14
                      448=18
                      449=30
                      464a=15
                      464b=15
                      464c=17
                      464d=17
                      460=10
                      GATA H4=10
                      YCAa=19
                      YCAb=23
                      456=17
                      607=15
                      576=17
                      570=17
                      CDYa=37
                      CDYb=38
                      442=12
                      438=12
                      531=11
                      578=9
                      395S1a=15
                      395S1b=16
                      590=8
                      537=10
                      641=10
                      472=8
                      406S1=10
                      511=11
                      425=12
                      413a=23
                      413b=25
                      557=16
                      594=10
                      436=12
                      490=12
                      534=15
                      450=8
                      444=12
                      481=22
                      520=20
                      446=14
                      617=12
                      568=11
                      487=13
                      572=11
                      640=11
                      492=12
                      565=11

Comment

Beldin723

I have been searching for some link to my past for over 60 years. If you can, imagine how it would be to grow up as a baby sold for $10.00 at birth. The birth mother said she had six previous children, none of which could be located in my home state of Michigan. My birth name was Mary Lee Davis. Mother listed as Edna (no maiden name), and William H. Davis.
                        My son told about Family Tree and I was over joyed to find my mother's origins as Czech and Ireland. This is the first, the very first time I am able to list a heritage. I am in the haplogroup K with two listings to communicate with. My certificate shows mtDNA as: 16224C,16241G,16311C,16497G and 16519C.
                        I haven't the foggest what this means. And where do I go from here? If anyone could help me you would have my sincerely thanks.
                        Mary Lou Beldin
                        [email protected]

Comment

• artfuldodger

Hoping to connect

I am new to the Forum and hope that I am in line with the rules.

I would like to find anyone with B. I. roots and the surnames of Townsend, Lamborn and Parsons. As we all are I am trying to trace my ancestors back into the B. I.
                          The Lamborn (maternal) line is definitely from Berkshire. Parsons (maternal) line I believe is from Bucks. The Townsend (paternal) line is more complicated and I don't have a direct line to the B. I. at this time. They did end up in Pennsylvania, by @ 1800, but I'm not sure if it was the first stop.
                          Thanks for any help.

Alan Townsend
                          FTDNA #10475

Comment

Working...
                          X