• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thetick
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jul 2010

Hide HVR1 and HVR1/HVR2 matches?

Can HVR1 and HVR1/HVR2 "matches" please be removed or configured to be hidden?

These "matches" are so many thousands of years back they are completely worthless. I would like the new MTDNA matches icon shown on myFTDNA to only be enabled for exact matches (0-3) genetic steps. Right now the new icon is worthless since I always have new "matches" ...many thousands of HVR1 and HVR1/HVR2 "matches" in total.
    Last edited by thetick; 17 January 2014, 09:40 PM.
  • efgen
    Webinar Coordinator
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by thetick View Post
    Can HVR1 and HVR1/HVR2 "matches" please be removed or configured to be hidden?
    This option already exists.

- My Account
    - Match & Email Settings
    - Select "No" for HVR1 and HVR1+HVR2 matches
    - Save

Originally posted by thetick View Post
    I would like the new MTDNA matches icon shown on myFTDNA to only be enabled for exact matches (0-3) genetic steps. Right now the new icon is worthless since I always have new "matches"
    Hmm, the Y-DNA and mtDNA Matches icons on the homepage may already be programmed to not show "new" for matches at levels that are hidden. But if they are not already programmed that way, then I agree, they should be.

Elise

Comment

• Rebekah Canada
      Q-M242 Project Administrator
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by efgen View Post
      Hmm, the Y-DNA and mtDNA Matches icons on the homepage may already be programmed to not show "new" for matches at levels that are hidden. But if they are not already programmed that way, then I agree, they should be.

Elise
      Hi,

That is interesting. I do not think Jon or I have tested how the new icon handles levels that turned off, but I have not heard reports of it not working either.

Comment

• efgen
        Webinar Coordinator
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
        Hi,
        That is interesting. I do not think Jon or I have tested how the new icon handles levels that turned off, but I have not heard reports of it not working either.
        I personally haven't paid much attention to the New icons. Seems like they're always active on my accounts, but then again I don't log in daily, so I probably do have new matches every time I log in

Elise

Comment

Working...
        X