Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Paternal Lineages (Y-DNA) > BIG Y and SNP Discovery

BIG Y and SNP Discovery This area is for talk about BIG Y results.

Old 12th October 2017, 09:37 PM
FTDNA Customer

BigY recalc there then not?

Anyone get the email message that your new BigY Results (the recalc announced last week) were ready. You login and are perusing the new result. Then only to find an hour later it is gone. All my BigY kit results (no notice and notice) are now taken away with only a notice: "Results for your Big Y test have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control." Is this happening to everyone or is it a browser / website bug. I tried different browsers and clearing cookies / histories but no change. New/old data for BigY are all gone.
Old 13th October 2017, 01:12 AM
FTDNA Customer

I would not expect anything before Sunday.

If there is anything to be seen, it could be just a transient state during testing.

Mr. W

P.S.
Some of my family Big Y test takers lost their confirmed haplogroup, while the others did not. I am not even trying to imagine a possible reason, I am just patiently waiting.
Old 13th October 2017, 01:46 PM
FTDNA Customer

It returned as mysteriously as it disappeared today. Still the match list is at 1 from 200+ before. Not sure if because they are only showing those processed to date or simply no longer showing direct, closest matches. Haplogroup did not change nor the one member in it.

Another kit showed up today. Same Halogroup that FTDNA previously reported (several branches up from what yfull and ytree report) and no matches at all. Will wait a few weeks for it to settle, I guess.
Old 13th October 2017, 02:33 PM
FTDNA Customer

Posted earlier today on another forum

From FTDNA Project Support:

Please let everyone know that just because they can see something on the pages now, does NOT mean it's complete. They should please wait until the run is complete to work with the pages. Looking is okay but it may be a bit confusing at the moment. We did say 5-7 days and it's only been two-ish.

And on the matching tab there's a link to the Learning Center piece on the updated Big Y.

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...g/big-y/big-y/
Old 13th October 2017, 03:28 PM
mtDNA: K1a3 | Y-DNA: R-L1308*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarry6899 View Post
From FTDNA Project Support:

Please let everyone know that just because they can see something on the pages now, does NOT mean it's complete. They should please wait until the run is complete to work with the pages. Looking is okay but it may be a bit confusing at the moment. We did say 5-7 days and it's only been two-ish.

And on the matching tab there's a link to the Learning Center piece on the updated Big Y.

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...g/big-y/big-y/
I had trouble with that link; it didn't want to paste in fully for me either, so I'm hoping that making it hyperlinked text will work better: FTDNA Learning Center page for Big Y.
Old 13th October 2017, 04:53 PM
FTDNA Customer

KATM and jbarry6899, thank you!

In the Learning Center piece about Big Y, the section Big Y - Results Matching includes the following picture

What is the meaning of No Mismatching Variants! in this context?

Thanks - Mr. W
Old 13th October 2017, 10:27 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna View Post
What is the meaning of No Mismatching Variants! in this context?
I guess it means that there are no "non-matching variants". This could happen with close matches. Though maybe for some cases of distant matches where they simply didn't have "non-matching variants" due to how the test didn't find any.